Dealman

3DEN Editor - Exile Plugin (Loot, Spawns, Etc)

50 posts in this topic

Preview Video(YouTube)

I decided to yet again re-write my entire script, however this time as a plugin for the new 3DEN Editor. Since the loot placement is done directly via the 3D editor itself it significantly speeds up the process of adding loot for new objects/buildings. I have also gone ahead and added some other features such as spawning a group of 100 exile spawns so you needn't copy and paste from another map(requires further testing).

I have written a more thorough list of features on my GitHub Repository.

Dependencies:

None (well, other than the EDEN Update, that is).

How to Install:

1. Visit the GitHub Repository to download the mod.
2. Install the mod like you would any other mod, put it in your ArmA 3 folder.
3. Use the ArmA 3 Launcher or use the mod parameter -mod=@DTools to enable the mod.
4. Once you've done the above, you should be all set.

How to Use:

The plugin is rather easy to use, if you want to generate objects for your map - you can place the desired objects and simply go to the Tools tab at the top and click Generate Code for Objects. The necessary code will be generated and copied to your clipboard automatically - simply paste this into your initServer.sqf(located in the mission file).

For loot placement, I recommend using the Virtual Reality map since it's large, empty and perfectly flat. Select your desired object or building and select it, again go to the Tools tab at the top and navigate to my plugin's folder and choose "Select Target". This will mark the currently selected object with a green outline(which is a bit buggy) and this means that loot will be relative to this object.

Simply plant the 25cm helper spheres where you want to loot to spawn, you can easily find them by searching for "sphere". Once done, you can choose to preview what some spawned loot would look like, or you can go ahead and generate the code. Again, it will be copied to your clipboard automatically.

For more information and features, please refer to my GitHub's readme.

Last Words

This is the first "proper" mod I have made for ArmA 3 so it's far from perfect, there can and will be bugs. There can and will be unoptimized features, so feedback and bug reports are appreciated. I'm a lazy sob with lots of different projects I'm working on so updates may be very infrequent so please bear with me.

Known Issues / Changelog

Again, please refer to my GitHub Readme for this.

Edited by Dealman
  • Like 12

Known Issues:
• To Be Filled

Changelog:
[2016-01-26] [Fixed]: 
Select Last Marker would not show up if only 1 marker left.
[2016-01-26] [Fixed]: Previous markers not being removed when exiting edit mode.

Edited by Dealman

Advertisement

Do you have CBA running? It uses a CBA function to replace some stuff in a string to generate the code, so if you don't have CBA it won't work. Otherwise I'd need some more information to see if I can try and reproduce the bug. :)

35 minutes ago, Sjolie said:

does this work with CUP buildings?  or just A2 buildings? 

Should work with all buildings as far as I'm aware. So long as they're registered as a cursortarget.

I'm working on a plugin for the upcoming EDEN Editor, though. Which is far better than this. :)

• Like 2

everytime I try to select a CUP building or custom placed buildings, it throws me into a SEA of green water swimming. 

if I select an existing building on chernarus (say an existing house that comes with EVERY version of chernarus), the script works great.    But basically anything I place in a custom position, location, or custom building, it throws me in that sea of green water. 

3 minutes ago, Sjolie said:

everytime I try to select a CUP building or custom placed buildings, it throws me into a SEA of green water swimming. 

if I select an existing building on chernarus (say an existing house that comes with EVERY version of chernarus), the script works great.    But basically anything I place in a custom position, location, or custom building, it throws me in that sea of green water. 

Yeah, that's a bug with it. Some objects require you to look at a very specific part of the model for it to work. I never tried it with CUP but I assumed it would work. If cursorTarget doesn't return an object it will teleport you underwater - I never added a failsafe because I'm a dummy :P But if their objects don't return an object for cursorTarget there's not much I can do, it's something they would have to fix I believe.

On the plus side, the plugin I'm writing for the upcoming EDEN Editor works great - and I'm using CUP as a playground. It'll be ready for testing soon, but you would need to get the development branch to use it.

Dev branch also adds a new function called cursorObject which I believe is more likely to successfully return a map-specific object than cursorTarget is. So if you have the dev branch you could try and change cursorTarget to cursorObject in the init.sqf. No guarantees, though :)

On 2/18/2016 at 6:58 AM, Sjolie said:

I would love to beta test it,  let me know how:P 

I would greatly appreciate some beta testing. I've uploaded the very first iteration of the plugin to my GitHub if you want to try it out. I've also made a YouTube video showcasing how the loot stuff work, very basic video - I might make a more thorough video explaining all the features later on.

So far its current features are;

1. You can place down any number of objects you want, and generate the code for it. It will be generated in a copy and paste format but you may need to edit your initServer.sqf file for the new format. I quite frankly don't remember the original format and I haven't checked that yet. I also don't know if all objects work yet, it checks if the object is of type Static - this requires some more thorough testing - but all objects I've tried thus far works.

If such is the case, I will be updating the GitHub readme sometime later, probably today unless I go lazy mode :P

2. Ability to easily add new loot positions for buildings, as well as the loot preview feature. Refer to my YouTube video to see how this works. I can confirm that the CUP buildings works, requires a bit more testing with other mods.

3. This plugin can also generate 100 spawn points for you and generate the code in the old SQM format. Not sure how useful this actually is since you can just copy and paste from other missions, but hey, it's there :P

4. Includes a custom function, DT_fnc_DisplayCustom3DENNotification which lets you create entirely custom EDEN Editor notification messages. You can change background & text colour, sound to be played and duration to be displayed.

Known Issues
* Clear all loot markers doesn't work properly. It removes the object itself, but not the EDEN Editor icons - this somehow interferes with the code generation.
* The green outline for your selected target remains after the object is deleted - not sure how to fix this since EDEN events don't seem to work at all for me.

Of course any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated! :D

• Like 1

Advertisement