chris8712

Money and how it SHOULD work

35 posts in this topic

Was thinking after I saw the post about vehicles having keys. One of the best things about Arma 2 epoch was the satisfaction of killing someone, taking their vehicle AND taking their money. ALSO, raiding a base and their safe being unlocked and all their money was in there. It added that motivation to base raid. It added strategy. I think the tabs should be a physical item that can be put in safes and other things... Can we get some opinions?

• Like 5

Advertisement

I miss the thrill and risk of having to carry large amounts of currency between traders when selling or purchasing things.  The lack of risk in Exile currently is the only thing I dislike.

• Like 6

Totally agree with you Chris. i have been mentioning this exact idea for awhile now aswell. poptabs are just too easy to get, and after a week or so of play (on some servers) you could easily be sitting with over 100k. you basically kitted for the rest of your game life, u die, u can easily go get the exact same stuff again, no worries. there is no element of fear, or anger or disappointment when you die anymore, cos u not worried about losing your gear. i agree with a system about looting poptabs off the person you have killed, makes the reward that much better, and makes the death a bit more significant depending how much he/she is carrying on them. so ya... im all for your (and many others who have thought about this) idea

I've always wanted a % of the tabs to be dropped. Not all of the tabs, i dont want to make someone quit the server or game when i kill them, but maybe 10-20% of whats in their bank, just enough for it to hurt.

So you saying if I have 300000 and I go with hatchet to chop some wood and you accidentally run on me and kills you should get 20 percent of that? NO.

More like keeping money in bank should be taxed daily. Rest you have you should keep in cash at your base if you don't want to pay taxes to Mafia. It will give chance to catch someone with cash going to store it or buy something aswell as giving chance for base Raiders who uses thermals and hacked safes to have better reward. Since everything can be bough at traders only the cash is worth to steal.

11 minutes ago, Silver said:

So you saying if I have 300000 and I go with hatchet to chop some wood and you accidentally run on me and kills you should get 20 percent of that? NO.

More like keeping money in bank should be taxed daily. Rest you have you should keep in cash at your base if you don't want to pay taxes to Mafia. It will give chance to catch someone with cash going to store it or buy something aswell as giving chance for base Raiders who uses thermals and hacked safes to have better reward. Since everything can be bough at traders only the cash is worth to steal.

Maybe "cap" the amount you lose at a maximum of say 10k. Also "accidentally run into you and kill you" is part of the game. You find a player, you kill him, or you walk away.

Another idea would be to introduce ATMs, but not have them near traders. That way you need to take money from an ATM and transport it to a trader to buy things, like epoch.

Edited by Nathan1506

its an island prison.   think 'Escape From New York',  no atms should be functioning, there is no 'Prisoners Credit Union', its kill or be killed and watch your back.   

what do you do with your 300k poptabs?  put 100k in a box and bury it in the woods, repeat in different location until out of poptabs.  the dayz had the buried stash, using some type ground impact as the stash to simulate dug up earth. 

only keep with you what you are willing to lose.  so thats your bank, hidden stash.  when you need money go to one and dig it up ... being careful not to be followed.  

as it is now, its a kill on sight game.  this type of setups would add tdepth to gameplay because if you see a player and he doesnt see you then he might be heading to a stash or his locked house ... watch him ... follow him without being seen .. its like an evolving, ongoing mission vs real players instead of ai.  

• Like 3

Advertisement