flibble666

boarding up instead of base building

20 posts in this topic

Advertisement

the point of boarding up a building would be to use it as a secure base,true? instead of building something.   

a solution would be the ability to lock a door. 

house1 setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',1,true]

and use a keycode to unlock.   of course those with crowbar, ax etc would be able to force it open.  have the ability to place a booby trap to explode if its forced open.

• Like 2

It's possible but you will have to use @DirtySanchez Script I believe. I saw a video from Zenithovman(I think thats how you spell it) That was able to put functioning code locks on arma buildings

3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Hey @Flosstradamus and @ShootingBlanks 

Floss is referring to the that same ability to lock the doors on the new buildables. The addon brings arma 3 objects into exile as items/constructions. They carry over the same attributes from arma 3 for glass/bldg damage and we add in the proper settings for exile's code locks to work.

Your ideas sound fantastic and I am sure they could be worked out.

First is the locking of more objects, second is the breaking and entering script idea you mentioned...

Curious if ur mod is available to everyone now?

thx for the responses guys. As many of you have pointed out or suggested the ability to just lock arma buildings would be fine i was looking for creatable items like  a door board made from say metal sheet to reinfoce doors and windows but i think  just locking doors would be just as good

again thx for all the info i'll keep an eye on @DirtySanchez  work

You can board up buildings using the Exile buildables, but regular buildings are weak. Maybe we should request strong (or unbreakable) buildings in Namalsk, so we can get that "apocalypse" feel of living in a rundown boarded up building rather than a wooden square in a field.

3 hours ago, happydayz said:

yeah arma buildings are so weak when satchels are concerned... need more explosives that are alot weaker.

I'm curious how the Exile buildables hold up against satchel charges? I was going to build a small wood structure and fortify it to test it, but I never got around to it.

Advertisement