spear

How to Exile Chernarus (or any other map)

85 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone. A bunch of people asked me how to get Exile on Chernarus or any other map running, so I decided to make a quick tutorial.

To start you need to download All In Arma Terrain Pack, I suggest to use the lite version for your server. AiA Lite Armaholic Download

1. If you finished downloading it just paste it inside your Arma 3 Server folder.

2. Copy its bikey inside the "keys" folder inside your Server directory. If there isnt a key inside they the download use this one: AiA Bikey

Your "keys" folder should look like this: 

3a74346ae2.png

3. Get a Chernarus Missionfile. If you know how to, create one on your own and paste it inside your "mpmissions" folder in your server directory. If not use the one I created: exile.Chernarus.pbo.

4. Let the server load the mission file. Here for head to your config.cfg. By default it can be found inside your "@ExileServer" folder.

Edit this part: 

class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
		template = Exile.Altis;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
	}; 
};

To this:

class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
		template = Exile.Chernarus;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
	}; 
};

5. Set your servers start parameters. Where you define them depends on how you start your server. I suggest using FireDaemon to manage your lifecycle and scheduling. (costs $US49.00 but its definetly worth it) If you completely dont know how to start your server use a .bat with the following content:

@echo off
start "arma3" /min /high "arma3server.exe"
-port=2302
"-config=C:\exilechernarus\config\config.cfg"
"-profiles=profiles"
"-cfg=C:\exilechernarus\config\basic.cfg"
"-serverMod=@ExileServer"
-name=Exile
"-mod=@Exile;@AllInArmaTerrainPackLite"
-loadMissionToMemory
-enableHT

exit
(IMPORTANT: Change the paths to match yours)

Following these steps should make your server run.

This works for any other map than Chernarus. The only difference is that you'll need a mission file. If there arent any published on the forums you can ask me to make on for you. Have fun!

Other usefull stuff: Hollow loot positions: http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/topic/89-loot-positions-multi-map-support/

Edited by spear
  • Like 5

I have a Vilayer server and want to change my map from Altis to Chernarus. I've gone through the forums and done everything that the tutorials have told me to do but

nothing is working :'(

Honestly I would rather have Esseker but that is probably much more complicated ( wouldn't mind help with Chernarus or Essker)

Things I did:

1.) Installed AllinArmATerrainPack from mods section of ACPlayer. (Vilayers little extra mod install section)

2.) added launcher parameter of @AllinArmATerrainPack to client area of server management (pretty much like using start.bat but Vilayer is weird)

3.) changed config.cfg to mirror mission change (Exile.Altis to Exile.Chernarus)

4.) uploaded Exile.Chernarus.pbo in custom_pbo folder

5.) Put bikey in my "keys" folder.

Did I miss something? would love the help.

Advertisement

Like SaintZ, I also am having trouble getting this to work. I'm pretty sure it's something I've done but you never know.

Unzipped AllinArmaTerrainPackLite to @ExileServer folder on server. i've added the bikeys, as described next to the other 2. I've changed the map from Altis to Chernarus.

I've updated my start parameters to @Exile;@ExileServer;@AllInArmaTerrainPackLite. 

Like SaintZ, I don't know what i've missed or if its in the right place.

Any help is massively appreciated. I'll even buy you a beer!

Is there another place we could download the allinterrainpack? The arma site is slow and is taking over 2hrs for 2gb which shouldnt be i can usually download 2gb in less than 3mins

Took me 40 mins to dl. Then you've got to upload it to your server as well. Be careful it's a 7z file and some servers wont unzip it. I unzipped it then recompressed it with windows explorer/

Is there another place we could download the allinterrainpack? The arma site is slow and is taking over 2hrs for 2gb which shouldnt be i can usually download 2gb in less than 3mins

The armaholic website will throttle your download speeds unless you create an account with them. It's free and they have enough content I think it's worth creating an account.

Yea thanks man no worries i download a torrent and got it working thanks tho.. I do have a question regarding BE filter for chernarus map. Keep getting a kick when adding in infistar. i do not want to remove the filters so i guess ill be adding and fighting the filters

I'm keep getting this loop Mission Exile.Chernarus read from the bank... and the server won't start

Edited by Tibi

How do we setup the spawns for say Esseker? What markers do we need, where do we edit the code for the spawn window? 

What about all the default trader locations and added buildings in the vanilla Altis files? comment all those out? 

More details would be nice on these questions. 

Edited by XxRTEKxX

Advertisement