kidesh

InfiSTAR Setup on Vilayer

19 posts in this topic

Hi

Thought I would do this to help my fellow Vilayer Admins.

First you will need:

Filezila - https://filezilla-project.org/ Client

Notepad++ - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

PBO Manager - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

ok, here it goes.

Download your InfiSTAR zip file from the website when you purchase it and save it to a file called Infistar.

Go into the folder and click SERVER_ARMA3_FOLDER then click on @infiSTAR folder then click on addons then a3_infiSTAR_Exile you should have files in there. You are looking for the file EXILE_AHATCONFIG.sqf.

In there you need to change 

passwordAdmin = "add rcon password "  E:G  passwordAdmin = "56YU7"

Then go to

adminUIDandAccess = 

"UID1","UID2"

and put your arma ID in

adminUIDandAccess

"78678367263869878",UID2,

There are other things in here you can config but I will just go over InfiSTAR.

Now that you have done that you can now save this file and go back to a3_infiSTAR_Exile and right click this folder and make a PBO.

Now make a file in the root directory of your server using filezila called @infiSTAR_Exile and in that make a folder called addons.    Now add the a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo in there.

Now go back to your root directory and place the arma.dlls files in there at the bottom.

Next place the files that are in the MPmission folder from your infiStar download into your vilayercodecustom/mission/exile/altis.                             (the new infistar comes with the description.ext file already done for you, but if you are doing the old way then follow what shane martin does on the description.ext)

Now copy all the battleye files from your infistar download into your  Name_MasterConfiguration/battleye.

Now that's you done this side. We need to go activate it on your server ACP panel.

So log on to your ACP Panel and go to your server manager. In there make the access level advanced.

In there you should add @Exile to your Add client mods. And add -servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_Exile; to Add server mods.

Then press execute. ( I always restart my server here just to make sure it take affect)

Now you are good to go.

You may encounter battleye script restrictions now ,but there is a way on the forum on how to get around them.

If anyone needs help just say. I run a server my self so I might not get back to you straight away. Or you could add me on steam at kidesh and I will get back to you sooner.

See Ya

• Like 1

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but

I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it

the guide is a bit outdated but it should be helping enough, thank you very much for writing it down ! :)

Advertisement

Why is it Outdated?

It's what I do as a customer of vilayer and I have done this for a return favour for Lee Benson the CEO of Vilayer to try stop people for making tickets on how to do it. 

Plus the end part  when you go into the server manager is only what you do in Vilayer. I have had alot of people message me asking on how to do this as other tutorials do not cover this. 

2 hours ago, kidesh said:

Why is it Outdated?

It's what I do as a customer of vilayer and I have done this for a return favour for Lee Benson the CEO of Vilayer to try stop people for making tickets on how to do it. 

Plus the end part  when you go into the server manager is only what you do in Vilayer. I have had alot of people message me asking on how to do this as other tutorials do not cover this. 

Have a feeling he is referring to the fact that you put infistar in the addons folder in Exileserver now (Pretty sure this is the new install method, its what i have seen on the latest infistar i have done for a customer) and don't need to worry about the commandline. 

No. You do need to worry about the command line. This is what you need to do. This is why I put this post up. 

I'm trying to help people here on how we do stuff on Vilayer.  

Thx

2 minutes ago, kidesh said:

do need to worry about the comm

Look at the latest version of infistar and the install instructions for it. Its changed. The instructions you have provided are correct for the older versions, but not the latest. 

6 minutes ago, QGS said:

Look at the latest version of infistar and the install instructions for it. Its changed. The instructions you have provided are correct for the older versions, but not 

Yep. I usually get an automatic email saying about the updates of infiSTAR but I never got one this time. At the time of me writing the tutorial there has been an uplate.  

I will do a repost. 

But if he said at first there was an update today then I would of edited my post then. 

Thx 

3 minutes ago, QGS said:

Update came out on the 1st, going by the timestamp. 

Well I done that update by doing the old way and it worked. 

Hey

I mainly was talking about that the config is a .hpp file not and not a .sqf anymore, but as you said. It doesn't make a big difference :)

Advertisement