Derps

Namalsk Server

22 posts in this topic

So i have been working alot recently, since the people who are currently "Working on it" are taking a really long time.

Yes, i am talking about Namalsk. 

As of right now i have a development server up and i am testing it out with a few freinds of mine, the server should be up and playable within the next 2 days and will offer players an experience made up of a dark atmosphere inside the bunker, a cold atmosphere above ground and an unbearable freezing atmosphere on top of the mountains, i have been working closely importing lots of the traditional Arma 2 weapons to give the good old nostalgic feeling of namalsk (for those who have waited to long) i will keep people posted with the updates however i may because rather busy soon (i have something on the side im waiting for) so if that comes up before namalsk does i will inform you all. Thanks for reading, here is some screenshots to prove im not talking out of my ass.

arma3 2016-01-02 20-06-40-018.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-07-16-628.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-07-21-138.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-07-28-611.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-07-40-316.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-07-54-681.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-07-55-835.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-08-00-487.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-08-06-314.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-08-07-459.png

arma3 2016-01-02 20-08-11-314.png

Namalsk1.png

Advertisement
19 minutes ago, MrWhite said:

Who exactly you mean with"People working currently on it taking a really long time". I am curious.

I dont mean anything negative about it, or for it to mean offence to anyone. i was just saying how alot of people are waiting and that i am putting out this version without any of the cool new features you guys are working on with the new namalsk map. Just to give people a filler until the official servers are up, thats all :)

We are soon at the Public RC Test. So i think it wont be good to share Namalsk when it isnt ready. It will lead to confusion. Also we worked the last two or three weeks fulltime on it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpiRe said:

Do you have permission to even make edit of the map ( assuming you editting the map ) :P ?

I didnt really have a need to edit it as i just dropped in the files and added some of the files from a2 to make buildings etc work. Also i emailed Sumrak and im not going to release until i get word back from him.

15 minutes ago, MrWhite said:

We are soon at the Public RC Test. So i think it wont be good to share Namalsk when it isnt ready. It will lead to confusion. Also we worked the last two or three weeks fulltime on it.

Well i am planning on bringing the server up until then because alot of people are waiting...

• Like 1

You can run a server with original files yes, but it have a lot of issues.. I think people will love the new Namalsk port, Exile now created a hype, so I understand that running a server before anyone else is a great idea but ultimately you would be forced to make a change to the new port because people will want to play it and it will be downloadable from a3launcher.

I had the idea of running the map before the porting even started but it doesn't worth it at all yet.

5 minutes ago, SpiRe said:

You can run a server with original files yes, but it have a lot of issues.. I think people will love the new Namalsk port, Exile now created a hype, so I understand that running a server before anyone else is a great idea but ultimately you would be forced to make a change to the new port because people will want to play it and it will be downloadable from a3launcher.

I had the idea of running the map before the porting even started but it doesn't worth it at all yet.

I never said that, i am running the original files, however i have added files into the namalsk mod which makes it playable. The only restrictions are that you dont edit whats inside the PBO's ... i had no need to, i edited the files that were outwith the original namalsk mod. In no way is my port stock...

I think what everyone is trying to say is, please wait for Exile to release their updated version of Namalsk. (it should be very soon)
I can tell you from first hand experience that they are doing an amazing job updating and porting it to Arma 3 and are making way more improvements than "simply adding a few files to the original to make it work".

I think you will be much happier with your server if you wait and make your mission file for the updated Exile Namalsk version than if you made your mission file now. (even I know better than to try make mission files with the version of official Exile Namalsk that I have)

Edit:
I mean, def use the old one to plan things, like you said, you may have spent a lot of time making a trader base in the underground area or whatever, but if everyone uses the official version that exile releases soon, and your server is running the old version, your server will have 1 player, and that player is you. If you want people to play on your server, you gotta use what everyone else is using and go with the status quo unless you have something really unique or amazing (which the old version of Namalsk in this context is neither unique or amazing in any way)
and also, just branching off of the underground area to reiterate my point of not making a mission file, they might have changed things down there, I'm not sure, but I don't want to see you waste your time making a custom mission file for a map that is going to potentially change from the version you are working with and have to spend the time redoing it all.

Edited by wasti

Advertisement