DattoSSS

Offline base raids - Intell report on login identifying who raided

12 posts in this topic

Happy New Year developers!

Most importantly, thanks for the Exile mod.  It has transformed Arma 3 and certainly is entertaining.

As a devoted base builder there are a number of features I would love to see however none of them are critical to the game as they are aesthetic.

I would however ask you consider implementing a report within the XM8 that tells me who raided my base and destroyed my vehicles, and what there base is called.

I have no issue with base raids however the anonymity of it whilst I am offline is frustrating.  I would greatly enjoy a properly targeted assault on someone's base after they have attacked mine.  A simple 'While you were out' message would do the trick lol.

Thanks again

DattoSSS

Advertisement
On 03/01/2016 at 9:12 PM, seymur4114 said:

It would only be reasonable to write this as a custom script in the server, not built in exile...

Thanks mate, but I am not a script writer nor a server owner.

Can anyone assist that may have done this?

Showing their territory name is not good idea. But maybe give the CCTV cam option when it see player it remembers nick so you can check it later? Maybe it's possible. 

Anyway, names are good idea when you put camera and laptop. Territory names are not, CUZ you could after that find their base when they are offline, with nicks only it force you to watch for them in game and follow them to their base.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Silver said:

Showing their territory name is not good idea. But maybe give the CCTV cam option when it see player it remembers nick so you can check it later? Maybe it's possible. 

Anyway, names are good idea when you put camera and laptop. Territory names are not, CUZ you could after that find their base when they are offline, with nicks only it force you to watch for them in game and follow them to their base.

Good points but I don;t agree with not naming their territory.  They have attacked your base under complete anonymity, so why not be given the chance to reciprocate if it is going to be regarded as part of the game?  My base is fortified, however I cannot put a roof over my Taru, so every single day when I am offline someone blows my Taru up, and I have no idea who it is.  If I want to fly to missions I have to earn enough tabs every day to buy another chopper, and I have no idea who is doing it.  It makes a good game very time consuming.

I think this is a reasonable request if done right, personally as a server admin all to often people come to Admin saying there Base Wall, Gear, Vehicle or Safe is gone and it could be from a legit raid.

• Like 2

Should be able to compare who bought a vehicle vs. who sold a vehicle.

**In the instance a thermal scanner was used.

Edited by Thrash

2 hours ago, Thrash said:

Should be able to compare who bought a vehicle vs. who sold a vehicle.

**In the instance a thermal scanner was used.

Thermal scanners only are usable within 15min of the vehicle being locked

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, happydayz said:

Thermal scanners only are usable within 15min of the vehicle being locked

Doesn't mean you have to steal the vehicle within 15m

Advertisement