wik

steps needed to make CCTV work?

Question

What do I need to do to get the CCTV functions on my server running 0.9.4?  I have edited the config.cpp under the hardware and the traders to allow Item_basecamerakit and Item_laptop.   What else do I need to do?   I tested by constructing a camera, then constructing a laptop. I do not get an open laptop with the scroll wheel.  I am sure I am missing something stupid, but feeling lost a the moment.

16 answers to this question

Noting. That's enough. Be sure to use actual infistar (if you are using it) because older one has the menu blocked. You also can insert the number manually to your infistar. Newest version has it in. Check your Infistar logs

Advertisement

Ok,  the problem was simple.  I did not have the laptop at a workbench.  As soon as I moved the laptop to the top of a workbench, I got the open laptop action.  Tested it on a vanilla 0.9.41 install. 

Is there a way to make the camera accessible without the need for a workbench to be near by? I would like to allow people to access their cameras from anywhere without a bench. 

I made the changes in the config.cpp as per the OP info and now I can't buy anything at the traders. I checked the rpt file and I don't find any errors. I would like to make the Laptop and CCTV camera available to my players at the traders. Any ideas?

So I have added the laptop and cameras to my traders, now you can buy and sell them.  but when placed they have no function.  how and where do I need to define the function to open?

Advertisement