|DG|SixKado

Insurance For Vehicles

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

First I want to thank the Devs here at Exile for a wonderful mod that is actually playable, updated and has some really awesome features. I know it is so much work and I wanted to make sure I gave thanks where it is due. I run a small server and the pvp is so much fun. We have noticed that when the bigger battles are over everyone is hurting for some poptabs afterwords. I understand the whole hardcore gaming thing but I was wondering what if there was an insurance script implemented that would cost rep + poptabs to insure your vehicle.

Advertisement

sadly any insurance is always targeted with fraud in real life, let alone a game.

i like the idea but it would be abused.

1. Player A buys strider
  2. Player A pays for insurance
  3. lose strider to unlinked mate Player B
  4. Player B sells strider
  5. Player B shares half the money with Player A
  6. Player A gets new strider
  7. Rinse and Repeat
  • Like 2

how about making cars non sellable if they are not being sold by whomever insured it in the first place? Also make it so insurance only last's x amount of days per car. 

Something like "This car is insured by another player and cannot be sold" or "This car is insured by another player and cannot be sold for 7 days. "

People would create big garages bases and farm them with mates like jimlad described, just the income will wait 7 days. 

If you make them unsaleable what is the point of stealing/fighting for them? 

BAD IDEA for me. Best insurance is to watch it and protect it better.

Yeah no.  Survival mods are about gathering resources and managing those resources through fear of loss.  Take away the fear of loss and the gameplay becomes boring.  Rule #1 in Exile, DayZ or any other survival mod - don't get attached to your gear.  

10 hours ago, second_coming said:

The whole thrill of raiding or fighting with someone in game is the idea that you can gain or lose everything. If you remove that risk it all becomes pretty pointless.

There is a Trader to continually buy things from and anyone who knows the ropes makes easy cash as it is.

32 minutes ago, Darth_Rogue said:

Yeah no.  Survival mods are about gathering resources and managing those resources through fear of loss.  Take away the fear of loss and the gameplay becomes boring.  Rule #1 in Exile, DayZ or any other survival mod - don't get attached to your gear.  

I get where you are coming from and I have started learning more about how the devs implemented crafting. I still feel the traders are a crutch in the end.

On 12/31/2015 at 2:16 PM, Jimlad said:

sadly any insurance is always targeted with fraud in real life, let alone a game.

i like the idea but it would be abused.

1. Player A buys strider
  2. Player A pays for insurance
  3. lose strider to unlinked mate Player B
  4. Player B sells strider
  5. Player B shares half the money with Player A
  6. Player A gets new strider
  7. Rinse and Repeat

Though in most servers you get half the money for selling a vehicle for what you payed for it. Example you buy a Strider for 20k, but you can sell it for 10. It wouldn't make sense to sell it only to get it re insured. And Perhaps if the vehicle is sold the insurance is voided. They had this in Altis life. If you took it chopshop(waste dump basically) and sold the vehicle it was removed from the players garage. If it was blown up under insurance, the player could still get the vehicle back.

Edited by [SoA]Steve
  • Like 1

Advertisement