Spartan

Exile Price Balancing Worksheet

52 posts in this topic

Note: I found an error where one of the ammo classnames was repeated instead of picking up another. It's corrected in the worksheet now.

Hello friends,

I created a spreadsheet on Google Docs to help with balancing prices on our servers, especially with the new 0.9.4 release coming and the major adjustment in vehicle prices.

How it Works:

There are two tabs (or sheets) to the spreadsheet. The INPUT tab is where all the relevant data is entered and used to calculate prices according to formulas specific to the class types. Some types, like backpacks, lend themselves to using simple calculations. For other classes, the calculations are a little more complicated, but not too crazy. Of course some classes require manual entry. The easiest way to get started modifying prices to suit your server is to adjust the "Base" number in the boxes for each of the classes that have them. If you change the "Base" number you should see the effect flow through that particular class. You can fine tune your pricing by adjusting the formula used within the class (if you know your way around spreadsheets a little bit).

The second tab is the OUTPUT tab which will populate your pricing and quality changes from the INPUT tab automatically. Once you're done tweaking your prices, you should be able to copy the pricing data generated on the OUTPUT tab and paste it into the relevant spot in your mission config.cpp.

As you know, the next Exile update will allow you to set a custom sales price for each item that will override the general sales price configuration.

I've added some conditional formatting on the OUTPUT tab where you can enter a custom sales price for any specific item and it will automatically produce the correct code for you. If you leave it alone or enter 0, it will use the default.

Mod Content:

Those of you who use mods like RSH, MAS, TRYK, HLC, etc. will need to add relevant classnames and data from those mods (assuming you care to have consistent and logical pricing like me). I recommend you add this data on the INPUT tab and create the links from the INPUT tab to the OUTPUT tab for the new data so your worksheet doesn't get buggered and lead to bad stuff in your mission config.cpp. If you look at the OUTPUT tab you can see how I did it.

Notes:

There are some Exile items that are unsaleable by default. If you want to make these items saleable or add them to your traders, you can do it by adding them on this worksheet or manually adding them to your mission config.cpp.

Some Preaching:

If you are new to this, I recommend you take some time trying to balance all your prices. Having a 45,000 tab vehicle on the map, and having sniper rifles that cost 800 tabs is a recipe for player boredom, especially with sale prices set at 50% of the purchase price. It doesn't always relate directly, but I try to think about real world prices. What would a high quality sniper rifle and scope cost? I own a decent 7.62 long-range rifle and I can tell you the scope alone was $2-3k US, the rifle was another $3k US and a few other addons set me back even more. (It's a FN SPR A3G if you're curious). A Gen 3 PVS-14 night vision MONOcular will set you back $3k US. In Exile, you are on a prison island buying at a mafia controlled trader or on the black market. I'd think their prices would border on extortionate. Also consider lowering the sale price percentage significantly. Or just do what you want, but try to think a little longer term. :)

If you see any errors, please let me know and I will fix them. (Not liking my default pricing on the spreadsheet is not an error, you can easily change it to whatever you want).

Link:

You can copy or download the spreadsheet from this link and use to your heart's desire.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11rbvNXsnuLcXSngo0Z0b0M6WAn1SzEv2eIBnv_TMB1Y/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Spartan
updated with all instructions
  • Like 5

Advertisement

But wait, there's more:

As you know, the next Exile update will allow you to set a custom sales price for each item that will override the general sales price configuration.

I've added some conditional formatting on the OUTPUT tab where you can enter a custom sales price for any specific item and it will automatically produce the correct code for you. If you leave it alone or enter 0, it will use the default.

SpreadsheetShot1.png

Nice work,

I might create a variation with the RHS stuff in it once you're done with the Exile stuff.

I'm just not 100% sure where to get the specs of each items

With RHS and other mods you might just have to load them in and go to the trader and go through each one. That's what I did to get the data for the vanilla Exile items.

Edited by Spartan

Update:

All the data is in so the worksheet should be complete for pricing information on the vanilla Exile goods. You can download it or copy it and adjust your pricing to suit your server.

Note there are some Exile items in the game that are not on the pricing worksheet because they are "unsaleable" by default. You can add them if you need to.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2015 00:19:08, Spartan said:

Some Preaching:

If you are new to this, I recommend you take some time trying to balance all your prices. Having a 45,000 tab vehicle on the map, and having sniper rifles that cost 800 tabs is a recipe for player boredom, especially with sale prices set at 50% of the purchase price. It doesn't always relate directly, but I try to think about real world prices. What would a high quality sniper rifle and scope cost? I own a decent 7.62 long-range rifle and I can tell you the scope alone was $2-3k US, the rifle was another $3k US and a few other addons set me back even more. (It's a FN SPR A3G if you're curious). A Gen 3 PVS-14 night vision MONOcular will set you back $3k US. In Exile, you are on a prison island buying at a mafia controlled trader or on the black market. I'd think their prices would border on extortionate. Also consider lowering the sale price percentage significantly. Or just do what you want, but try to think a little longer term. :)

I was also thinking about this, on my server I would like realistic pricing but at the same time I want the server to be accessible. By that I mean that I don't want players to have to grind for 5 days to get that chopper to finally never use because they are too scared of loosing it.

Also I think I could generate a LootItemGroups.h with the file, this way we could automatically adjust spawn rate in proportion with the sale price.

what do you think?

• Like 1

@Patrix87 I think that's a great idea. I also think you just created work for me as now I will want to do it for our server's loot tables.

Re: the pricing, I hear what you're saying. Our server works a little differently as you cannot buy military choppers or armed/armored vehicles, they can only be found in the world and are limited in number and persistent as long as you can keep them secured. We all have our preferences as to playstyle too so I'm not blaming anyone for doing it differently, just being a little opinionated, hopefully in a non-offensive manner. :)

On 12/8/2015, 12:19:08, Spartan said:

Some Preaching:

Agreed. I've got about $1400 in my AR15 and my Glock was another $500 without upgrades. 5.56 ammo typically costs 30-50 cents per round, 7.62x39 (AK) is around 20-30 cents per round, 7.62x51 (.308) is about a dollar per round. 50 BMG is 3.50-4 per round, etc.. etc..

• Like 1

Advertisement