Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

[SOLVED] Vehicle Pricing Metrics Spreadsheet

8 posts in this topic

I'm working on balancing prices. Would it be possible to get an updated vehicle pricing spreadsheet such as the one found in the 0.9.3.6 changelog showing the pricing metrics being applied to the new vehicles coming in with 0.9.4? I plan to create balanced pricing using the vehicle prices as a baseline since there's some logic as to how those prices are calculated. I like logic. Thanks! :)

Advertisement

Thanks for the answer. I'm just looking for the vehicles and I will go from there. I plan to release my work here for everyone to review and use if they like. I'm building it using a spreadsheet so it will be easily configurable for users.

One thing we do is use the quality to indicate availability of items.

Quality 1 is available at the central trader, etc. Quality 2 is available at the black market trader and/or roaming trader. Quality 3 cannot be purchased, it can only be found in the world through loot or taking from AI, etc.

It would be quite helpful if you could share prior to the release. If not, that's ok, I can adjust after the release. Thanks for all the work you're doing! :)

• Like 1

Been jamming on this spreadsheet that will be released in the next couple of days.

It will have one tab with classes and formulas to figure prices based upon the metrics important to that class of items. You can adjust the formulas however you like, although I will have default values once I get the vehicle prices input and apply some reasoning.

Here is a screenshot from the backpacks section.

Spoiler

The second tab will take the data you generated in the first tab and output them as follows to be copied and pasted into your config.cpp.

Easy as cake to use to change your prices any time you like.

Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler

If someone would like to help me speed up the process, I could really use the following information as I'm not sure I'll be able to get in game tonight or tomorrow to figure it out.

Spoiler

1. Armor Values and Carry Capacities for the following vests:

class V_I_G_resistanceLeader_F

class V_PlateCarrier1_blk 

class V_PlateCarrier1_rgr 

class V_PlateCarrier2_rgr 

class V_PlateCarrier3_rgr 

class V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl 

class V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl 

class V_PlateCarrierIAGL_dgtl 

class V_PlateCarrierIAGL_oli 

2. Armor Values for all the helmets by classname

3. Carrying Capacities for all the uniforms and clothing by classname

Thanks if you can help, and I promise this spreadsheet is going to make your life easier come U-Day. (That's Update Day.)

It didn't save my shots above, sorry. Here they are again.

Input page. All you'll have to do is adjust the Base # and your prices will recalculate on backpacks based upon capacity and quality. Or if you're adventurous, you can create your own formula.

Output page. It will automatically populate the classname, quality and price into the array. Copy and paste the output to your config.cpp in the price list.

If you use mods like RHS, TRYK, MAS or whatever, all you'll have to do is add the classnames and info on the Input page, supply the metrics needed for the formula, and your prices will now be consistent with the vanilla goods.

input.png

output.png

Edited by Spartan
please save the images this time, heh
  • Like 2

Advertisement