xunin

time.sqf

30 posts in this topic

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

while {true} do
{
    if (daytime >= 19 || daytime < 5) then   // after 7pm and before 5am time multiplier changes
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 24      // adjust this value for slower or faster night cycle ( 24 hours will take 1 hour )
    }
    else
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 36      // adjust this value for slower or faster day cycle  ( 12 hours will take 1 hour )
    };

uiSleep 30;
};

can someone explain how i setup a 3h day / 1h night cycle ... tried some setups but nothing happened

Advertisement

Okay i want to explain this, the script says if the time is after 19.00 and before 5.00 a clock the time is running with the time Multiplier "24"

if the time is between 5.00 - 18.59 the time is running with the Multiplier "36".

The Range of the Multiplier  is 0.1 to 120; Multiplier 24 mean u have realtime x 24

I think the multis u want are 4 for day (3h(real)x4=12(ingame) and  12 for night(1h(real)x12=12h(ingame)

The posted Sheet is the Timesheed before patch 1.26.

Cheers

• Like 1

while {true} do
{
    if (daytime >= 19 || daytime < 5) then   // after 7pm and before 5am time multiplier changes
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 24      // adjust this value for slower or faster night cycle ( 24 hours will take 1 hour )
    }
    else
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 4      // adjust this value for slower or faster day cycle  ( 12 hours will take 1 hour )
    };

uiSleep 30;
};

As above will give you about 3 hrs daytime and 1hr night.

Change top multiplier (24) to lower to make nights longer. (12 should give you about half hour night).

Change bottom multiplier (4) to 6 day will last 2 hrs.

Edited by [OMG]Slim
  • Like 1

4 min late including edit, damn ;)

Edit: And my  edit was changing 12 to 24(in night multiplier) , but i think now @Suito is right it needs to be 12!

Edited by [OMG]Slim

u have to use the initPlayerServer.sqf or better the initServer.sqf,

PlayerLocal are scripts that get startet if player joins, but executed on PlayerClient.

PlayerServer are the same above, just server-side, but if the server run for 2 hour your time is not correct rythm, cause the script is startet to late, (means maybe your night isnt fully)

Using initServer.sqf is in this opinion the best u can do, cause if the mission start the server will execute the script

the only thing u do is this: 

thats a check if the script is running on the server, if not it´s quit the script without doing anything

Edited by Suito

Advertisement