The Walking Bread

[UPDATED]Custom Skins (working with Exile 1.0.2), Donator Only Skins

178 posts in this topic

Hello guys

Im presenting my Sneaks Vehicle Customs, it overrides the ingame vehicle customs. Normal functionality stays intact completely!

https://github.com/SneakCustoms/SneakVehicleCustoms

Thanks to Aphex for providing me with an Custom Strider Texture as an example for shipping Textures with the Mission File.

Added Donator Only skins functionality(can be turned off!), dont have the time to write a detailed guide but the code should be well enough commented, anyway if you have questions feel free to ask.

2 Versions:

1. Load Donator data from DB Table (match group_name table with the config entry)

2. Load Donator data from config (match sneak_server config.cpp class name with group in missionConfig)

Spoiler

2015-11-11_00001.jpg2015-11-11_00002.jpg2015-11-11_00003.jpg

Edited by The Walking Bread
  • Like 11

Nice, interested to see where this goes. I think it would be fun if players or clans could customize their vehicles to strut around the map, so to speak.

Advertisement

Ok i got a new idea and now im finished, 

https://github.com/SneakCustoms/SneakVehicleCustoms

2015-11-11_00001.thumb.jpg.791c60840cbff2015-11-11_00002.thumb.jpg.116dd39cf415e2015-11-11_00003.thumb.jpg.2d2ce4dbad7c3

New Version overrides the standard Exile Vehicle Customs.

Pls see the github link for more information.

Im still haveing problem with getting this Battleye ready anyone who can help me with this pls pn me.

Dont hesitate to contact me if you want to know anything about it.

[email protected]

• Like 2

Looks awesome so far! How do we add new skins/vehicles? For example most vehicle mods like RHS, Mas, CUP have different camos for different factions. Also I read an idea from someone else that sounded pretty cool and that was to use the Vehicle Customs to "upgrade" your vehicle in a sense from an unarmed version to an armed version. Player that has an unarmed Offroad or HMMWV would be able to upgrade to a machine gun version.

• Like 1

Looks awesome so far! How do we add new skins/vehicles? For example most vehicle mods like RHS, Mas, CUP have different camos for different factions. Also I read an idea from someone else that sounded pretty cool and that was to use the Vehicle Customs to "upgrade" your vehicle in a sense from an unarmed version to an armed version. Player that has an unarmed Offroad or HMMWV would be able to upgrade to a machine gun version.

I added an Instruction into the github post, thanks for pointing this out!

You basically just add them into the SneakCustoms_config.cpp like the Strider thats already in there.

More detailed instructions on Githubs readme.

For Vehicles from other mods you need to find the texture path, never used this mod so probably something like:

"modname\textures..."

this update feature sounds interesting, I'll have a look into it as soon as i fixed those battleye messages.

• Like 1

Hi, thx for this script its awesome :)

i used the version 2 :

first if u use base skin u going to be kick its simple to fix like the strider skin u used in example u need just to add :

!"["a3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_indp_co.paa","a3\data_f\vehicles\turret_indp_co.paa"]]"

in first line of "remoteexec.txt" in battleye

second its work with my custom skin too but didn't save in database after restart vehicle back to default skin :(

any solution too save skin vehicle in database

Thx

Hi, thx for this script its awesome :)

i used the version 2 :

first if u use base skin u going to be kick its simple to fix like the strider skin u used in example u need just to add :

!"["a3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_indp_co.paa","a3\data_f\vehicles\turret_indp_co.paa"]]"

in first line of "remoteexec.txt" in battleye

second its work with my custom skin too but didn't save in database after restart vehicle back to default skin :(

any solution too save skin vehicle in database

Thx

I assume you migrated my custom table into your database?

Check this table if everything is saved. Should be like:

ID of the Vehicle | YourSkinClassName

i will add some exception handling soon so its easier to spot what is happening ;)

• Like 1

Advertisement