Tobias Solem

Primitive weapons

12 posts in this topic

One thing I really miss from DayZ was the plethora of shitty guns in ARMA 2. The SKS, the CZ550, the Lee Enfield, double barrel shotgun, etc. - not only were the Lee Enfield battles in Electro some of the most memorable fun (partly because you literally would attract every zombie in Electro to your position) but it also gave the game a sense of progression, and a feeling of "oh crap, that guy is max geared" when you ran into firefights. The rewarding sense of killing someone who was fully kitted when you, yourself only had a Lee Enfield was extremely satisfying.

I am working on balancing my server right now to bring a focus and a progression between the weapons, but I am really missing these older, primitive guns. Lethal but primitive so to speak. I'd very much like to see some of these guns added to the base game.

• Like 4

Advertisement

I'll would love to see this in this mod. I don't like that you can have high end gear in 30 min from starting on a server. And what I would love to see is that is you can find the low to medium gear and if you want high end gear you need to make it.

You need to go out and loot for a heavy barrel for the lynx, you need to find a receiver etc. and when you found all parts, you go and buy a blue print for the weapon you want. The same if you gone have explosives, you need to go out and farm materials for it.

• Like 1

I'll would love to see this in this mod. I don't like that you can have high end gear in 30 min from starting on a server. And what I would love to see is that is you can find the low to medium gear and if you want high end gear you need to make it.

You need to go out and loot for a heavy barrel for the lynx, you need to find a receiver etc. and when you found all parts, you go and buy a blue print for the weapon you want. The same if you gone have explosives, you need to go out and farm materials for it.

no thanks, leave that for rust

• Like 1

no blueprints pls, only for special buildings etc.

but yeah - you find a bit too much weapons in exile - even with low loot settings - its like every house has a storage for a military company in it on 100% lootspawn xD

Edited by hieve

someone's playing the wrong game, OP, even the weapons you list as "primitive" are firearms as well....

ooo musket might be fun for humiliation kills, with proper reloading, of course....

even the smallest/lowest loot spawn point should have a tiny chance to spawn outrageously good things, now if we were talking about specialized barrels (maybe muzzle brakes?) to modify the weapons firing characteristics towards one role (QCB/mid/long) and away from the others at the same time, maybe you're talking now.

someone's playing the wrong game, OP, even the weapons you list as "primitive" are firearms as well....

You missed the point.

In spite of me listing the type of weapons and name of guns I was referring to.

The lee enfield of arma 2 would have been very op with a scope because it was the only gun with no bullet drop or inertia but I agree you should not be able to find any rifles in houses maybe a few handguns. So if you have designated millitary zones that only rifles spawn at people will flock to it and more encounters occur

Edited by Redcloud78

Advertisement