SteelCogs

Armor Balancing?

10 posts in this topic

Myself and a few friends have been discussing Arma 3's Armor system, and though we don't know if Exile devs have tweaked it, we feel it is just ridiculously unbalanced. The problem mostly occurs when we have higher caliber rifles, such as 7.62 or above. We shouldn't NEED to shoot people 4+ times to kill them if they have armor and we have 7.62 rifles, that is just plain ridiculous. We feel like it should take a maximum of 3 7.62 shots, considering they are leg shots, or bad shots, etc. I could understand it resisting anything 5.56 and lower fairly well, but anything higher up should penetrate easier. Having to shoot somebody 6 times so they can turn around and 1 shot me is very aggravating and we can't be the only people who feel this way.

Advertisement

Arma will introduce Stamina with the next Patch.

All the big guns and big armor vests are heavy, but with heavy items you get less Stamina.

Maybe BI will balance it this way.

• Like 1

Only takes me 2 shots to kill max against the best rig with 7.62, not 6 shots!

Sorry, that's just not true. If you're killing in 2 shots with 7.62, they are either already low HP or they don't have the best armor. 

• Like 1

Sorry, that's just not true. If you're killing in 2 shots with 7.62, they are either already low HP or they don't have the best armor. 

tested it in the editor! not in game, maybe the mod works different?

Advertisement