MrEnzO

Please add something like this.

22 posts in this topic

Can you guys add something like this, so that we who are creating are own traders, AI stronghold and other things can add some nice surroundings to it.

Arma's Nature 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24184

This addon is 1 mb big, it makes so you can add trees, rocks, bushes etc. to your map. And yes we can add it our self, but it's only 1 mb and it adds a nice option to the editor.

• Like 5

Advertisement

Hmm, i am not sure what you want to do... do you want this as player or as Admin editing the map? In second case - there are some better Editor (e.g. M3Editor) you already can use. And this has nothing to do with Exile. If you want this as a player to hide your base behind trees and rocks - well... this is probably a no go due to server performance.

regards

Cal

Hmm, i am not sure what you want to do... do you want this as player or as Admin editing the map? In second case - there are some better Editor (e.g. M3Editor) you already can use. And this has nothing to do with Exile. If you want this as a player to hide your base behind trees and rocks - well... this is probably a no go due to server performance.

regards

Cal

Did you even look what it was before you answered. I use M3Editor to make my map addons, but you can't add "nature" in arma 3. 

• Like 1

Did you even look what it was before you answered. I use M3Editor to make my map addons, but you can't add "nature" in arma 3. 

I did, but i am not a Map-Editor. I did not know that actually you can*t add "nature" to the maps. I was looking at Arma Nature and that it was posted in the beginning of 2014. But still.... this is not an Exile problem or a possible Exile feature. This should be handled by Bohemia. May the new Editor will be able to give us also some "nature" object we can mess around with :-)

regards

Cal

I'd recommend trying out Map Builder instead. M3Editor is nice for quick and easy building additions but Map Builder is a little more functional. It can access more things as well, like rocks, trees, HMS Proteus, the Trawler.. I've been using it and it is slower than M3Editor but you can do more with it.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177323-map-builder-ingame-3d-editor-for-terrain-creation/

• Like 1

arent these objects that are already in the game?

if yes -> add them via map builder like the one above me said

or

try to load this addon into your editor -> add trees, bushes ,etc. and then just upload it to the server?(maybe delete the addon dependencies out of the mission file) - if these objects are already in arma3 , they should work 

map builder does just what it says tho... it creates maps... you would still have to get all your clients to download the addon that you created... 

From my understanding the new 3d editor when officially released will allow map objects placeable in editor and so by that assumption bohemia is planning on adding classnames to the objects. But until then I have wished for a mod by default that would add classnames to these objects for a LONG time. Minor adjustments to maps without having to redownload a new mod would be so nice...

• Like 2

this is already possible without clients or servers downloading or using that mod.

however, if you load that mod with m3 editor, or what ever; you should be able to place bushes and trees like normal objects.

Now, traditionally, it's much easier to go into terrain builder, make a polygon, and then fill it with whatever trees/bushes/rocks/ect you want, or they can also be defined as clutter if you want to use the mask image instead of drawing polygons. I've found myself to use a mix of both, and place trees with polygons, and then use the mask image clutter to place bushes, grasses, and smaller to medium sized rocks.

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you get the Arma 3 dev branch beta, the 3d mission editor also allows you to place bushes and rocks in the mission.

(I can't wait until the 3d mission editor goes to stable branch, no more stupid discussions about how m3 is better than {name another editor thats the same thing} or vice versa lol)

Advertisement