XkoalaX

Armored vehicles

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

Greatly enjoy the mod so far and run around trying to build, PvP and be a general ass most of the times. I even succeed occasionally.

But one thing that has bugged me a tad is the armored vehicles.
Namely the fact that it's just a transport system to get to the Strider.

I would love to see a workaround on it and flatten the cost on the vehicles but redo the specifications.

Hunter: Has a canvas back that makes it a "hauler" Give that 4000 cargo space and low armor value.
Ifrit: Has great angles and all and is a good troop transport. Give that armor value with low cargo space
Strider: low profile and thermal periscope. Perfect light scout vehicle. Make that the lightly armored with low cargo space.

This way the vehicle types get broader and different areas of use. 
And there is no "win" vehicle.

• Like 2

It's not just them, the HEMMT which is the biggest vehicle you can buy has less cargo space than an Offroad truck does. It doesn't make sense.

They are Arma 3 defaults though apparently!

Advertisement

Hi,

Greatly enjoy the mod so far and run around trying to build, PvP and be a general ass most of the times. I even succeed occasionally.

But one thing that has bugged me a tad is the armored vehicles.
Namely the fact that it's just a transport system to get to the Strider.

I would love to see a workaround on it and flatten the cost on the vehicles but redo the specifications.

Hunter: Has a canvas back that makes it a "hauler" Give that 4000 cargo space and low armor value.
Ifrit: Has great angles and all and is a good troop transport. Give that armor value with low cargo space
Strider: low profile and thermal periscope. Perfect light scout vehicle. Make that the lightly armored with low cargo space.

This way the vehicle types get broader and different areas of use. 
And there is no "win" vehicle.

agree on top too but i think the strider should have a high armour but low cargo space 

agree on top too but i think the strider should have a high armour but low cargo space 

Nah, low armor - we're already in the budding midst of an epidemic where people just roll around in striders getting roadkills.
In their current iteration, they're OP as shit. Extremely fast off-road capabilities, very VERY nimble and can turn on a dime, thermal periscope so you can find prey in the forest, The hull armor is impervious to bullet damage (truck .50s might do it, but nothing infantry can carry) and they move so fast its not easy to kill the driver or shoot out tires. They need to be toned way down, be way more expensive or rocket launchers need to be made available. For some reason roadkills earn more respect than normal kills right now and its feeding into these mindset that all you have to do to get whatever you want in Exile mod is run it over with a Strider.  

• Like 1

Nah, low armor - we're already in the budding midst of an epidemic where people just roll around in striders getting roadkills.In their current iteration, they're OP as shit. Extremely fast off-road capabilities, very VERY nimble and can turn on a dime, thermal periscope so you can find prey in the forest, The hull armor is impervious to bullet damage (truck .50s might do it, but nothing infantry can carry) and they move so fast its not easy to kill the driver or shoot out tires. They need to be toned way down, be way more expensive or rocket launchers need to be made available. For some reason roadkills earn more respect than normal kills right now and its feeding into these mindset that all you have to do to get whatever you want in Exile mod is run it over with a Strider.  

Lynx rounds are larger than 50cal, 4 hits into the fuel tank and the vehicle will blow up in a couple of seconds. Main issue and I still can't believe it hasn't been tweaked after all this time, is the ridiculous repairing system. Tape to repair a vehicle is stupid enough, but instantaneous? Spend a while taking out wheels on strider to make the guys inside easy pickings when they can just hop out repair instantly and off they go. Even an animation would balance it out, I just can't believe things like this haven't been looked at yet. Exile already has little to 0 content and what it does have is either broken or flawed. 

• Like 1

Nah, low armor - we're already in the budding midst of an epidemic where people just roll around in striders getting roadkills.In their current iteration, they're OP as shit. Extremely fast off-road capabilities, very VERY nimble and can turn on a dime, thermal periscope so you can find prey in the forest, The hull armor is impervious to bullet damage (truck .50s might do it, but nothing infantry can carry) and they move so fast its not easy to kill the driver or shoot out tires. They need to be toned way down, be way more expensive or rocket launchers need to be made available. For some reason roadkills earn more respect than normal kills right now and its feeding into these mindset that all you have to do to get whatever you want in Exile mod is run it over with a Strider.  

yeah i agree or you could keep them the same but make them cost much more like 20K each or something i also think that there fuel should go down much more or have a smaller fuel tank because atm i never need to refuel as my cars/helis don't last that long haha. 

Lynx rounds are larger than 50cal, 4 hits into the fuel tank and the vehicle will blow up in a couple of seconds. Main issue and I still can't believe it hasn't been tweaked after all this time, is the ridiculous repairing system. Tape to repair a vehicle is stupid enough, but instantaneous? Spend a while taking out wheels on strider to make the guys inside easy pickings when they can just hop out repair instantly and off they go. Even an animation would balance it out, I just can't believe things like this haven't been looked at yet. Exile already has little to 0 content and what it does have is either broken or flawed. 

all whis time the mod is a month old there have been 3 public releases  give them time to remove the bug then they can start focusing on the some of the gameplay mechanics.

i for one would not mind that the military verichels and have some bigger every day cars and you then have the option to upgrade them.

all whis time the mod is a month old there have been 3 public releases  give them time to remove the bug then they can start focusing on the some of the gameplay mechanics.

i for one would not mind that the military verichels and have some bigger every day cars and you then have the option to upgrade them.

Been out longer than a month, not to mention the 2 months of testing before hand

Advertisement