Sign in to follow this  
<UGA>GrimAnima

Night stalker too good?

25 posts in this topic

Anyone here think that the Nightstalker scope is wayyyy to good? I mean it has everything you need in 1 scope! 1km range, night vision, IR, close range holo sights and worst of all, in built wall hacks. It can literally show you where the players are even if you can't see them... Isn't that a bit too much for 1 scope? It litteraly has no downsides to it... Who ever designed it, has poor design philosophy...

Now to be fair... I only used the NS on two different servers so it MAY be related to those servers only. But if its how all the NS scopes work, that's just poor item design...

Edited by <UGA>GrimAnima

Advertisement

Some servers remove the nightstalker scope, some don't, its personal preference really. There are also alternatives, like either making them very expensive to buy, or making them only attainable through loot tables.

i have only been in two server that had the nightstalker with thermal , I do not think its OP , I also have never been able to see through walls with it. I play by my self form any where 2 to 4 hrs , i use night to my advantage and the thermal capabilities to help , having such a scope dose no make me invinsable  i die quite a bit , also sure it has 1 k capability but overall is not that accurate over 800m. this is my experience with this scope , If you have to make it an option for the admin owners , lets not get all Hitler on this shit ;P

• Like 1

The chevron you see on the Nightstalker is highlighing last known positions, moving targets, vehicles, wildlife, crates etc. Moving targets and last known positions are actually done autonomously by your character (which is just an AI you are physically in control of) so if your group leaders AI autonomously calls out a target and you rotate to look in that direction you'll get a chevron marking the targets position. Any veteran A3 player can use this to great advantage.

It is overpowered in a way but not nearly overpowered as something like a UAVs target locking.

The biggest issue with these thermal scopes is the ability not only to see thermal contacts but also being able to see the range to the target. Now as far as I recall, unless it's been changed, is that the ranging ability was removed in exile. I might be wrong however.

Edited by Stoob

The only time I could think you could see through walls is if the building the person is in hasn't registered when looking through the scope. Honestly if you know how to use anything it can be seen as op.

I don't think they're over powered. But that's the awesomeness of configurability of servers.

Thermals have always been OP imo.

Whether it's player vs. player or player vs. AI .. Thermal engage easy mode.

All scopes that have similar functionality should be worth at least 2k tabs... This is where the price changes would invoke increasing the costs for various weapons/items.. This scope and any others of similarity included.

Edited by Brez

Advertisement