[COI]Naaaath

Server recomendation

25 posts in this topic

Hello,

We currently run on at Xeon 3.4GHz 8 Core , 32GB server and want to upgrade for more cores. 15 players and we get 20-25% CPU. 

We have £60-£70 to spend a month and it will be long term.

Advertisement

We are already with Redstation and feel like the Arma 3 server uses a lot of CPU 

Welcome to ARMA 3. It's going to utilize a lot of CPU. I run two always full arma servers on my Xeon 1270 (over 120 peeps) plus a few tf2 servers and our sometimes sits at 90%.

Welcome to ARMA 3. It's going to utilize a lot of CPU. I run two always full arma servers on my Xeon 1270 (over 120 peeps) plus a few tf2 servers and our sometimes sits at 90%.

I thought of such... I hit 40% overall with other things and I don't like it :D

What max player limit are you wanting? The server you have already would be good for 60-70 players.

Also, I don't know why you are stressing about CPU usage, it doesn't matter if it's at 25% or 90%, the server FPS is what's important.

Edited by second_coming

you guys really need to get better cpus, more cores mean jack shit for arma

In defense, our boxes run Arma smoothly even with high cpu intensive things running on them, you can ask a number of our customers how their servers run and I garuntee that they will say that the servers run smoothly.  

Advertisement