Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus

Adding Vehicles in m3editor

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Just added a bandit FOB to our Chernarus server. I added a couple @mas vehicles in the base as a reward for taking out the AI and controlling the base. As it stands, as soon as you enter the vehicle your screen goes black and you can't eject, get out, start the engine, or do anything. I had to use my infistar menu to eject myself from the vehicle. Anyone know what could be causing this? Is it because they aren't exile vehicles? The way I added them in through m3editor when i created the FOB?

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Jeebus

Advertisement

I think the proper way to go about adding vehicles as a mission reward is to use A3XAI, it allows for the vehicles to be spawned in with the  group of enemies, and it stays locked until all the ai are dead, then you can get in it :)

I think A3XAI also does a lot of its stuff by coords, so if you don't mind taking the time to put the coords in of where u want things to spawn, I think it would work nicely for you. Also its a server side mod so you don't need to have your clients install anything extra.

• Like 1

We did it the way wasti described with our AI stronghold. Used m3editor to build out the base. Then with your custom creation loaded and the A3XAI script running in your editor, you can get all the locations for your AI and AI vehicles.

I think the proper way to go about adding vehicles as a mission reward is to use A3XAI, it allows for the vehicles to be spawned in with the  group of enemies, and it stays locked until all the ai are dead, then you can get in it :)

I think A3XAI also does a lot of its stuff by coords, so if you don't mind taking the time to put the coords in of where u want things to spawn, I think it would work nicely for you. Also its a server side mod so you don't need to have your clients install anything extra.

We did it the way wasti described with our AI stronghold. Used m3editor to build out the base. Then with your custom creation loaded and the A3XAI script running in your editor, you can get all the locations for your AI and AI vehicles.

The only issue with A3XAI is if the base is elevated the AI will spawn in the ground :( they only seem to work at terrain level, I think SARGE AI has fixed this.

Advertisement