Sign in to follow this  
the.comp3.6

Uav's op

4 posts in this topic

Hi i played a lot on the mgt server and used the Uav quiet frequently. Dont know if it's the default price of exile but on mgt server it costs 3k. And with that the squad im in is nearly invinsible. My thoughts on the uav is to dramatically increasing the cost to 20-50 k something and keeping the controller at a low price for detection of enemy uav's. Another option could be to take away the uav's thermal ability. Giving snipers and people hiding a chance to hide.

Cheers guys!

I disagree. 

First of all, this is more of an issue for the servers and not the base mod. On servers where thermals are removed completely, noone has more advantage than the snipers. It is also very easy to counter UAV's by simply hiding under trees or in a building. A lone wolf with a UAV has to  leave himself exposed to danger when controlling a UAV to look around. If you are in a group, one player will be occupied with the UAV and will stay out of close combat.

Without thermals, the UAV is far from OP. You need to stay 2-300 meters high to avoid anyone hearing it, and it's not that easy to spot players without thermals.

On top of that, they are easily shot down and you lose them all the time. 

Advertisement

Hi i played a lot on the mgt server and used the Uav quiet frequently. Dont know if it's the default price of exile but on mgt server it costs 3k. And with that the squad im in is nearly invinsible. My thoughts on the uav is to dramatically increasing the cost to 20-50 k something and keeping the controller at a low price for detection of enemy uav's. Another option could be to take away the uav's thermal ability. Giving snipers and people hiding a chance to hide.

Cheers guys!

If you feel that the UAV is too cheap then post a poll on our forums and get people to vote to increase the price. Every server owner has the ability to increase/decrease prices.

Anyone that knows how to use UAVs correctly will tell you that they are OP as fuck.

If the UAV has you locked as a target then hiding in buildings won't help you since it continues to track you regardless.

Advertisement