Biap1206

A couple ideas (Direct Messages, Paying Protection Costs, Hotkey Instadoc)

18 posts in this topic

First, let me say that I would love to hear some discussion on these topics. I did a search for all four of the below suggestions (a couple with multiple keywords) so if I missed them, please forgive me and feel free to merge the topics. Alternatively to merging, someone can post a link to a topic that has covered one of the below suggestions and I will check them out.

Secondly, I would love to see these suggestions end up on Boxman80's sticky, "Improve Exile - A Wishlist," (http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/topic/835-improve-exile-a-wishlist-43-suggestions-growing/) if possible.

1. Direct Text Messages via XM8

I think adding this feature to the already amazing XM8 would be amazing for private and direct communication. Direct communication on a one to one level has always been something that Arma has lacked. The benefits of this feature are obvious, from coordinating attacks with other groups, to harass a friend of yours to "accept the goddamn invite I sent to you seven times already!".

This feature could also possibly be updated in the future to sending messages to people who happen to be offline for them to retrieve when they return. I don't know how possible this is, but Exile amazes me with each update.

2. Paying the Mafia via XM8

I don't mind traveling to one of the three safe zones (practically on the equator of Altis) but it would be cool if you can pay the protection fee via the XM8! I don't like to speculate on how easy or hard a feature is to add, but this one seems like a no brainer! If it's coming down to crunch time to get that protection payment in before deadline and your base goes bye-bye, driving to the Terminal from the southern hemisphere of the map (and potentially running into AI or other players) could be an issue. I would hate to lose my base for that reason... Again...

3. Instadoc on a Number Key

I know everyone has been in a situation one time or another where you have two or three Instadocs on you and you're knee deep in a firefight only to get shot and your screen begin to start blinking red. You know, you literally have seconds to double click that Instadoc and press consume before you fall over and die. You failed to do so and you end up dead. I know I would much rather be able to press a number key and quickly use the Instadoc as long as it's somewhere in my inventory.

I am curious of your thoughts on each of the above suggestions... Like I said at the top of the thread, hopefully a couple or all of these suggestions end up on Boxman80's Wishlist sticky. Thank you for reading! 

Edited by Biap1206
  • Like 3

Advertisement

Would be your best friend for a Insta-doc hot key.

I know on the servers I play on the bambi status goes away when you pick up a weapon (Primary, secondary and AX) even with out ammo. Is a bambi throwing canned food at you? Is there a OP canned food launcher?

• Like 2

Would be your best friend for a Insta-doc hot key.

I know on the servers I play on the bambi status goes away when you pick up a weapon (Primary, secondary and AX) even with out ammo. Is a bambi throwing canned food at you? Is there a OP canned food launcher?

Maybe it was just the server settings, but I was playing on a server that you spawn with a rifle. I don't mind looting a rifle or starting with one but once you shoot it at someone you shouldn't be a bambi anymore. 

I guess that was the server owner's issue to fix and not Exile. My b.

Maybe it was just the server settings, but I was playing on a server that you spawn with a rifle. I don't mind looting a rifle or starting with one but once you shoot it at someone you shouldn't be a bambi anymore. 
I guess that was the server owner's issue to fix and not Exile. My b.

If you spawn with a weapon the Admin needs to remove the bambi status. Im surprised exile doesn't automatically do it. If you see one online you might let them know. 

• Like 1

Advertisement