Captain John H. Mille®

Stairs / Porthole

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've been playing the Exile mod for a week or so now. I play on a friends server. Me and a friend are builders in all the Arma 2 and Arma 3 mods. We are very impressed with the Exile mod. I love the portholefloors you guys made. it makes stuff much easier.

What we've noticed today while building a staircase (3 wall heights high) is that the stairs don't fit in the porthole (floors) right. It leaves a dangerous gap between the floor and stairs. You will get stuck in there and glitch to death.

Possible fixes:

-Angle the stairs on a weaker slope /and/ make them longer(more steps)

-Make the portholes smaller

We build the staircase right on top of eachother. There is only a small space where you can walk on, if you walk up them there is like 30cms worth of space.

Greetings,

CJHM a.k.a. Tubby the Tuba

Edited by Captain John H. Mille®
  • Like 1

Advertisement

I've noticed it as well, if you run down the stairs and the bottom of the staircase is next to a wall you some times get knocked out. 

• Like 1

PVB- died twice to stairs, once to glitching through a wall at the bottom of the stairs, I have spent more time moving stairs then the rest of the building of a level 9 Base.

You have to jack with the stair placement to get it just right, not sure about falling through a upgraded wall works but I have only done it once.

Maybe make the length of the stairs adjustable so you can stretch or shrink them to fit and you would be able to use them on half walls too.

Advertisement