• Intel® 
    Quad-Core

• 4 Cores x 3.1 GHz
    (3.4 GHz Turbo Boost)

• 12 GB 
    DDR3 ECC

• 1,000 GB 
    (2 x 1,000 GB SATA)

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64-bit)

Price: £19/Month

Is it worth it? I have always used providers for servers but Ive been looking more in depth for Dedi, VPS ect.

Thanks

Advertisement

Well. We can almost triple the specs here at Futurisic Game Servers for PM ME for information

that is one shitty CPU, its a downgrade! Arma 3 will not need or USE all of the cores youre offering. He is way better of with the 3.1Ghz x 4 (3.4 turbo)

• Like 1

Ummm, Arma is currently using ALL of our CPU cores. So it would be a upgrade. Yes it may be 2.6 Ghz, But there are more CPU's to control that. 

Please excuse me, but this peaked my interest. From all research we have done and countless of hours of optimization I have a hard time seeing how this can be the case. Do you have any more detailed proof than your CPU load? How many servers do you run on it, how many active players, what mods (if any)? What processor is it exactly?

ARMA 3 is a CPU heavy game with relatively bad threading, it EATS CPU and doesn't scale well with more threads. I have to say that I am a bit doubtful that 2.6 GHz would be enough for running one or several large, modded servers.

Until I see proof that you somehow managed to solve a problem that ALL of Arma 3's community warns people about I would recommend that z3sp rents the £19 a month quadcore. What you are claiming simply sounds too good for me to take it at face value, especially since your alternative is more than double as expensive!

• Like 2

This is a picture of my personal server. This is what I running with a ton of servers ranging from Minecraft to Arma

QGS here already said it, but you really need to get a clue when it comes to ARMA, because your post is not just misleading, it is false advertisement. Anyone who has spent time with ARMA-servers know that it's better to have a higher CPU clock than more cores, ARMA does some multithreading, yes, but comparatively it's only a little. The server performance from first arma 3 server release to and including 1.52 and likely most future releases will be relative to your clock speed, ie. a 2,6GHz processor will have lower performance (regardless of HT) than a 3,1GHz-processor with ARMA. 

Any other statement goes against what the vast majority of ARMA-server owners experience.

• Like 2

Advertisement