Nakama

Where did A3XAI go?

53 posts in this topic

Where did the thread for A3XAI go, am I just stupid and seemingly can't figure out how to use the search function anymore? Did I miss something? Trying to reference a post in the thread for my use and well all I keep seeing are 404's in my bookmarks and the search tool is being useless. What the hell?

• Like 1

Advertisement

he took it down because there are a shitload of 12 year old kids that think he owes them a favor. 

Wot? I'm sorry but that holds very little context? Thank you for your reply it's just what do you mean? 

Okay so github is 404'd - wtf happened? 

Did jimmies really get rustled to this point while I was out of town for the week? May I ask wtf happened or like are we just to accept that the exile community has already turned into the epitome of a chan post filled with children. I mean a lot of people on here are developers how the hell does someone get rustled to the point of removing so much good/hard work? Does that not seem childish in itself? I don't know what was said or happened but this is why I am asking right...

Edited by Nakama
  • Like 1

Because most server owners are n00bs and do t even read the readme, I don't share my script becuse I don't want to deal with people that don't read the readme and blames me when it's not working, I shared one script xm8 status script and it full of people that don't understand battleye

• Like 9

Because most server owners are n00bs and do t even read the readme, I don't share my script becuse I don't want to deal with people that don't read the readme and blames me when it's not working, I shared one script xm8 status script and it full of people that don't understand battleye

Did that stop anyone from releasing or typing ass loads of stupid help replies on the epoch threads back in the DayZ of a2? (I'm pretty sure you were there, trap) I'm sorry but that is an answer I really don't understand. It's like saying "I don't share my works because people are dumb" Well by that thinking nothing would ever get done my friend, how would people learn anything or come to grow with new ideas built on old ones shared among each other. I mean I have my fair share of STUPID replies asking for help for this or that on MANY arma2/ arma 3 avenues, I've never had someone take down work because of it or tell me off, I have only grown from my misunderstanding and mistakes and you know learned something useful. 

Edited by Nakama
  • Like 4

Wot? I'm sorry but that holds very little context? Thank you for your reply it's just what do you mean? 
Okay so github is 404'd - wtf happened? 

Did jimmies really get rustled to this point while I was out of town for the week? May I ask wtf happened or like are we just to accept that the exile community has already turned into the epitome of a chan post filled with children. I mean a lot of people on here are developers how the hell does someone get rustled to the point of removing so much good/hard work? Does that not seem childish in itself? I don't know what was said or happened but this is why I am asking right...

He removed the public access to the hard work, yes. He did not remove the work itself. He just got so fed up with the entitlement from many of the people on these forums. Dealing with idiots is a complete waste of time, so I understand why he did what he did. How you suffer fools is your prerogative. I think some of us don't want to deal with page after page of us "H3w 2 configZ!??!11" ... this is why there are "private channels" with some devs who keep their stuff to a close-knit group of people who know what they're doing.

This has happened several times in the past, over several mods, and it will keep happening. 

Edited by Tobias Solem
  • Like 5

Dealing with people that don't even bother to read the readme can take up a lot of time and if you also have a job, family and maybe your own arma server, it can be frustrating to find time to answer all the stupid questions

• Like 6

He removed it cause he finally hit his breaking point with stupidity, and i can understand that cause if you dont try to help yourself how the hell am i supposed to help you, and as @itsatrap said dealing with dummies pretty much sucks the life out of you. If your a dev and you put out some work and detailed instructions as how to get it working but then everyone and they mama want you to set it up for them how are you supposed to improve the work for everyone. I mean im not the smartest guy in the world but i got A3XAI working on my server just fine and i was in the process of setting up the headless client and hit some rocks but i didnt go crying on his post about your shit suck i cant get it work and crap like that i asked one question as is it supposed to be run on a client version or a server version of arma. Yes no questions devs can handle but if you want us to hold your hand and setup the whole thing for you then i would have done the same thing. After going back and reading the thread there were so many people in there whining and crying about how they couldn't get it to work. So @Face i dont blame him one bit for taking down his work off the public forums cause its more of a headache that anything. Oh yea and all these 12 year old server owners using mommy and daddies money are the most annoying people in the world i cannot wait for the money to dry up with them and there servers go bye bye and we still have mature adults here hosting good server who know what they are doing.

Edited by Torchgodz
  • Like 5

He removed the public access to the hard work, yes. He did not remove the work itself. He just got so fed up with the entitlement from many of the people on these forums. Dealing with idiots is a complete waste of time, so I understand why he did what he did.

That his his choice yes, but there is a big leap between asking a question (stupid or not) and out right entitlement. I mean were people DEMANDING features, were they berating his hard work? I don't know I have been absent and it sucks to hear, not just because I enjoyed using his work but because that kind of behavior from the community is really shitty.

This brings to question why is anyone especially @Face (the author) wasting time 
dealing with idiots to begin with? I mean the system was extremely easy to implement and config, you can easily assume someone unable to implement the addon shouldn't be running a server to begin with and or should begin working on their reading skills before deciding running an arma 3 server is the thing for them. No offense intended to anyone of course but it's a pretty simple concept. Priorities.

@Torchgodz - I do understand this, I have spent countless hours just helping people learn how to join a server in arma, I could not imagine trying to help those same people install something to a server *shudders* (albeit I have helped people implement scripts and things I have used, never authored though). Yes people will be idiots, yes this literally does "sucks the life out of you" does it seem right? Not at all, congratulations exile community you just pushed out an author with something great he was willing to share with us *slow clap* 

Edited by Nakama
  • Like 3

It wasn't so much the community that did this. It was one person that expected everything to be handed to him on a silver platter and i guess with some of the other questions directed towards him from 5 or so individuals it sent him over the edge. Everyone has their breaking point and maybe he just needs to calm it down and he might come back. If he did come back I wouldn't give support unless it was something directly from his script

Advertisement