Maaaaark

Exile on a VPS

29 posts in this topic

Just to let everyone know, those who want to have a small private exile server, you can do it on a VPS.

I have a small Windows Server 2008 R2 Cloud based virtual server. 4 vCPU, 6GB RAM, 100GB storage and it runs sweet with missions. The only downside is it wont handle 100 players of course.

With missions after about 12 hours of uptime and 13 players on it is on 10 server FPS. Anything less than 8 players and its 35 to 45 server FPS.

Advertisement

I have Ubuntu 14.04 vps too. 4 core, 4GB RAM. It's same performance to Maaaaak's

On my experience , Most of Sever FPS depends on number of CPU core. Because ARMA 3 can use only a certain mount of CPU power per 1 core.

VPS $ 4 per month

Xeon E5 8core ( arma use 1 threads )
1gb ram
80 slot
10/12 players at the same time and 50fps server side & lag and 0
Edited by Oreo

VPS $ 4 per month

Xeon E5
1gb ram
80 slot
10 players at the same time 80% of ram used 50fps and server side lag and 0

2gb ram is absolutely minimum in arma server

@Oreo.... would like to pick your brain on this one.... I've been looking at some VPS hosting for a while. I'm a bit unsure of how the server should be configured(centOs?Debian?) if you don't mind sharing, what VPS service are you using so I can take a look at their offers (this is by no means a request for advertisement for any VPS service) ? 

The big issue with a VPS is that you DO NOT have dedicated resources most of the time. You may have 4 cores assigned, but somebody else on the same host does too and can monopolize them just like you can.

I just say one thing: Arma and VPS = No Go. You will have big problems as soon the server gets populated. This is my opinion and experience

• Like 1

Advertisement