BetterDeadThanZed

Added on buildings sinking?

36 posts in this topic

I built a new trader. It consists of all new buildings that were not there before. Sometimes the buildings are shifting and sinking into the ground:

2015-10-19_00003.thumb.jpg.5e7482f3441cd

This is the code from the sqf that defines the building position:

["Land_CarService_F",[6392.64,4815.3,-0.119267],359.571,[[-0.00748658,0.999972,0],[0,0,1]],false],

Any suggestions on why this happens sometimes would be appreciated. :)

WOW thats a new one i have never seen that before. I dont know how you placed it but if you placed it with M3Editor then maybe you placed the baseline just below the ground line and it is falling slowly through the map. Just a thought to get the ball rolling.

Advertisement

WOW thats a new one i have never seen that before. I dont know how you placed it but if you placed it with M3Editor then maybe you placed the baseline just below the ground line and it is falling slowly through the map. Just a thought to get the ball rolling.

I did use m3editor (don't know of any other way to do it). I've placed plenty of objects above and below the ground and never had this happen. 

Like i said im just trying to get the ball rolling on ideas of what maybe causing this, but what he is saying is take your decimal for the height of the building and make it 0.

• Like 1

m3 editor I see a physics button there not sure if it does anything at all but maybe it will drop it at setvector up or set pos? in arma 2 this happened a lot also buildings would double up if called from the mission folder their remedy was to move it server side

Edited by Redcloud78

Also i noticed that you are playing on lingor, is that map completely done or is it still being worked on, it could be something to do with the map.

It's in beta, like Exile and like Arma 3. This is the first time I've encountered this in all the addons I've put onto the map.

Advertisement