SwissArmy1984

Database does NOT update in last hour

Question

Hi,

the database for vehicles DOES NOT UPDATE in the last hour before reset.  If you change position of the vehicle, move inventory, or lock/unlock it, it DOES NOT update the database and upon restart you have to go looking for your vehicle wherever an in whatever state it was at reset minus one hour.

This can easily lead to duping exploits beyond the frustration of having to look for a vehicle (that may be unlocked) on the map, remembering what you were doing an hour before restart.

This needs an IMMEDIATE fix.

Thank you.

• Like 2

22 answers to this question

Hi,

the database for vehicles DOES NOT UPDATE in the last hour before reset.  If you change position of the vehicle, move inventory, or lock/unlock it, it DOES NOT update the database and upon restart you have to go looking for your vehicle wherever an in whatever state it was at reset minus one hour.

This can easily lead to duping exploits beyond the frustration of having to look for a vehicle (that may be unlocked) on the map, remembering what you were doing an hour before restart.

This needs an IMMEDIATE fix.

Thank you.

I have this issue also on my server the last hour just all is screwed up. 

Advertisement

Can you provide more info? Please post your server RPT, some rough marma data like FPS/CPS and your extDB2 log.

Exile does a force update of EVERYTHING before the server restart, if you use that system. Do you use auto-locking? If so, what are your server restart times? Do they match your exile_server_config settings?

• Like 1

This also happens on the server I play on, Exile Mayhem #1. The database is slow and often unresponsive. Saves are erratic at best. Often vehicles will not be saved from out to 1 hour to restart. It's also on a 3 hour cycle.

Can you provide more info? Please post your server RPT, some rough marma data like FPS/CPS and your extDB2 log.

Exile does a force update of EVERYTHING before the server restart, if you use that system. Do you use auto-locking? If so, what are your server restart times? Do they match your exile_server_config settings?

Since update 0.9.20 I am not using the restart auto locking now going to see if I still have issues. Let me see how this goes then report back to you

• Like 1

Im also having an issue with saving to database in the last hour or so. My cycle is every 6 hours and I use BEC for my restarts.

Has this issue been resolved? If anyone knows a script that can run on the database to update, thatd be great!

Could I create a global event to update the database?

Make sure its turned on;

SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = ON;
SET @@global.event_scheduler = ON;
SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = 1;
SET @@global.event_scheduler = 1;

Then;

UPDATE 'clan'

UPDATE 'construction'

UPDATE 'container'

UPDATE 'player'

UPDATE 'territory'

UPDATE 'vehicle'

or something with an event squeduled daily for a specific time and then every 6 hours after that for teh 24 hours??

Thanks!

~iCE

Edited by iCEtIMed

Advertisement