Sign in to follow this  
Juba

Making Money VS Losing Money

11 posts in this topic

I love this mod.

but i came to a conclusion that you cant make money in this mod, its just too much shit happens.

You buy a Little bird and you gear up with your friends and getting these passenger kills but suddenly the pilot get kicked for Vehicles restriction or something.....

that hard earned money just gone.

you flip a car just to kill yourself.....

u put ammo and water bottles in your safe just to lose them in next restart.... and so much things that i don't remember.

its just Money is hard to get but sooooo easy to lose.

I suggest making weapons sell for same Buy price, vehicles too until battle eye problems get sorted out.

Edited by Juba

Advertisement

but i came to a conclusion that you cant make money in this mod, its just too much shit happens.

If you can't make money with the current general settings, you're playing the game in a very wrong way.

• Like 1

Juba, I feel you- I also often lose more in a night of play than I make.  There are plenty of people who make money each night but there are also lots like us who lose it.  I suspect there are major differences in how we all play-

How full is your server when you're playing?

Are you trying for missions or high risk areas?

Are you alone? With a small group? Large group?

Do you have an armored vehicle?

Are you in close or camping at range?

the list goes on.

Here's the thing though-- in my opinion, getting the biggest bankroll possible is not the point of exile-  it's really just a means to increase your enjoyment of the game by speeding up how quickly you get gear, what type of gear, the convenience of a nice vehicle, etc.

So i guess where i'm headed is this--   money shouldn't be your metric for enjoyment, so try not to sweat it.  You can have a great time picking up MX's in a spawn town and blasting people.

Heyho :)

2 Tactics that always worked for my team in Arma3 lootbox-missions in several mods like Epoch, Overpoch, BattleRoyale etc.:

Farming without too many gunfights:

Take your friends and go just one or two evenings (2-3h or more) on loot-tour in one of the lesser populated cities. Buy a large cargo vehicle like a strider (4000cargocapacity) or cheaper, an Offroad car (3000cargocapacity). If you make lootzones for everyone of your team, you will get your car in about 15-20min completely filled with stuff. Your team drives one after another back to the savezone, sells the stuff. :Repeat:

Farming with gunfights:

Go for Missions! Your team splits in 3 groups: Sniperteam, Meleeteam and driver...

Snipers:

Typical sniperrules... take your time to check the enviroment for other snipers. Make it count! Too many shots are making you the target. ;) Let the team know what you see... a silent sniper that doesn't tell his sightings to the team is just a camper and your teammates can't get ready for action.;)

Melee:

The melee team stays back about 300-400m while the snipers take most of the AI / Players out. When most enemys are down, the melee Team secures the lootbox and has to defend it while taking cover because of snipers.

Driver:

Stay back with the meleeteam and bring them on the opposite side of the lootbox as the snipers. If the lootbox is secured, defended by sniper- and meleeteam, your time has come! Go for the lootbox and park your vehicle as close as you can to the box, but so that you fit between the box and your car/heli and crouch or laydown. This makes 2 sides of you pretty safe and you have a low profile. Try to use the eviroment as cover also. Start looting as fast as you can, if the meleeteam don't has too fight someone or no other threads are in sight, they should help the driver looting.

Get the loot out of there and sell everything or equip yourself better for the next mission. :):Repeat:

Greetings,

ZZ :ph34r:

lol if you fill a strider/offroad with scrap metal you get 30k, money is easy to find

i got kicked (battle eye vehicle whatever message) while flying a little bird and lost about 30k.

that 30k u earned hard lost in a second.

looting Cities get boring after a while. doing missions is fun but u lose money there unless u are alone or you have a team who knows what to do but then loot price from mission isn't that big when your gear cost +5k and you add friends gear.

anyway my biggest frustration comes from Battle eye kicks while flying, i lost money to these kicks more than anything else. 

Seriously?

It is so easy to make money. I could make easy 10,000 pop tabs in 45 minutes - 1 hour, by just selling metal boards and junk metal. Can make just as much selling spawned vehicles and weapons! 

Think you are forgetting something about this game...It's still in beta/alpha/early release or whatever! There is bound to be bugs that cause you deaths/to loose things. The kick restrictions is nothing to do with Exile mod itself, it's to do with BE/the server.

All the issues/problem you have stated, I have never had. I guess you just seem to be unlucky or on a bit of a dodgy server? :P

Edited by Boothy

You complaint then isn't really about making or losing money but the fact that your getting kicked loads. Update battleye and/or play on better hosted servers.

Also, if your getting loads of kicks, don't fly!! Get kicked while driving, vehicle doesn't fall and die.

Edited by [ZiiP]Hammy

O.P. : as said by itsatrap , Hammy and Boothy etc ..... this is not an Exile issue.

This is a YOU issue.  Change servers , validate your arma 3 via steam , etc.  
Changing how easy/hard it is to make money via loot spawn / trader buy prices to account for BE kicks etc is a Bad idea....... just ... bad..

Advertisement