markes

What's wrong with admins and players nowadays?

40 posts in this topic

Hello all.

In the past days I've ran through some dozens of Exile servers. I couldn't find a single one where prices and loot spawns were established with some common sense.

A single player, on his own, between server restarts, can get enough money to get himself a Strider, a flag pole, a lock, a safe and a full set of the best gear available, including thermal scopes. He can even buy some satchels and lock picks and go wreck some people's base. How is it possible that no group of admins notice this and make the necessary changes?

How can a Strider be valued at a handfull of 5.56? How can a satchel or a lockpick be as expensive as 2 metal boards? 

In most servers, you can get 3 or 4 5.56 weapons, sell them at a trader and get a Navid or a SPMG. In a lot of them, you just need to get into some civilian building, anywhere on the map, to get one of these. Can no one see how retarded this is?!

A large percentage of servers even offer new player starting money and respect. Whenever that happens, my reaction is to smile and close the server immediately. It's just too sad.

Where's the challenge? Is Exile supposed to be Wasteland with permanent bases? How can the vast majority of the player base be happy with this and go looking for the "high loot, high vehicles, high everything" servers?!

What the hell is wrong with gamers nowadays?

• Like 5

Striders on mine are set to 38k... 

I do see your point, the only issue with raising the prices is the sell value, it automatically sells for Half of what you set the price to, now, if the prices were to increase and we can set the sell value to 1/5th, then i feel that would be a nice balance. 

Edited by William =D
Addition

Advertisement

Striders on mine are set to 38k... 

I do see your point, the only issue with raising the prices is the sell value, it automatically sells for Half of what you set the price to, now, if the prices were to increase and we can set the sell value to 1/5th, then i feel that would be a nice balance. 

So, the ratio between buying and selling is locked at 1/2?

It can be changed with some scripting skills..we have custom sell prices for all our items....our strider costs 90k and sells for about 23k

Edited by Foxx
  • Like 1

So, the ratio between buying and selling is locked at 1/2?

In vanilla yes, but like Fox said, it can be adjusted if you change the original code right. So basically if you increase costs, sales increase giving you no reason to need to increase in the first place other than making it harder for a fresh new player. 

It can be changed with some scripting skills..we have custom sell prices for all our items....our strider costs 90k and sells for about 23k

I did see the change in % code, would be nice as an option from "factory" so to speak, to set a % amount for sale to Purchase. 

Markes, 

I'm curious- (especially after seeing your response ('you're doing it wrong') to another thread where a player complained of not making money)- what your style of play is?

How full are the servers you're playing?

Are you alone? small group? large group?

Are you involving yourself in missions and other high risk areas?

Close quarters or are you sitting back sniping?

Are you even fighting or are you just loading up vehicles in relatively empty towns and selling contents?

I personally haven't ever played on a server where a full offroad of primary guns yields anymore than about 8K.  That's neither terribly fast to fill, nor is it safe if you're doing it in a mil base or town that ever sees travelers.  It sounds like you just need to find a single server that suits you and stick with it.  Full disclosure: I've not been off my home server in a couple weeks so this may well be a vanilla feature now:  you may also look for a server with custom map that eliminates some of the safe zones and moves vendors around.  PM if you're interested in the server name i've been playing - it decentralizes all the vendors and terminal is the only safe zone now. it also only houses a couple vendors and you can't even get medkits there- it's all quite a bit more contentious and risky to do even mundane things on our server.

Now, all that said... I agree that prices on some of the vehicles should be higher.  I'm okay with the hatch and offroad prices, but i'd really like to see armored vehicles and aircraft be a good deal more expensive- especially now that they can be stolen with thermal scanner if you're patient and lucky.

All you are doing with "realistic" prices is punishing lone or small groups.

Even with insane prices this would not be a problem for our 15 man group in a few hours, which would be unfair on a small group wouldn't it? Especially as the bigger groups steamroll the smaller groups, looting everything down to the last bullet because everything costs so much?

I play usually in a group of 4 people and I don't do the sniper role. My group tends to go to some military facilities and loot the place. After our vehicle is full, we just go sell all that stuff. A good round can make you 30k, easily. This takes less than an hour without interference. With 4 or 5 runs like this, you don't need to make anymore more money, cause it will keep flowing as you play as you want.

And yes, the server we were playing hit 60 players at the same time, at peak time.

I would love for you to send me the server name. Maybe there's hope.

• Like 1

Even with insane prices this would not be a problem for our 15 man group in a few hours, which would be unfair on a small group wouldn't it? Especially as the bigger groups steamroll the smaller groups, looting everything down to the last bullet because everything costs so much?

The gap is the same. By increasing loot spawn and have everything granted in a couple of hours, you're just making players to reach all goals in a couple of days, maybe less.

You lose a Strider, you dont care. You lose a Navid, you dont care. You lose a chopper, you dont care. You die, you dont care. That's what you get with these settings.

• Like 2

Yea, that's certainly a valid point- as someone who groups with only one or two people regularly, but often 1-3 randoms, i live somewhere between 2-10k caps most of the time.  I've never seen more than 20k no matter what I try to make money (Full disclosure: I'm also not what i would consider a good player lol).  I often get facerolled by the larger groups- but that's me disadvantaging myself.  I think that's going to be an issue no matter what as long as you can arbitrarily group and factions aren't actually a feature of the game.  You'll always have those willing to align themselves with more people for less reward but greater safety, and youll always have those willing to risk fewer numbers hoping for better payouts.  

If it becomes a constant problem, i suppose the solution is really to change your play style or find a server not yet dominated by giant groups?

Advertisement