Cobalt

Revamp Capture missions: Remove Server Wide Notices or Put Time Limits on Servers.

4 posts in this topic

Currently, Capture missions broadcast where and when someone begins capturing a point, is half-way through capturing a point and is about to capture a point across the entire server. In a perfect world, this would incite chaos and see groups figthing over the point to capture them - unfortunately this isn't a perfect world and this system on its own is breeding a certain play style which consists of waiting in a safe place for a notice to come up that somebody is capturing the point, leaving safe area and heading to the mission and simply waiting for it to end and the loot to drop in - killing the person who had to sit there for 10 minutes, knowing they're being surrounded but unable to do anything about it because of the compound walls and the openness of the areas the missions spawn in. 

This isn't fun - its frustrating and obviously the first retort is going to be "play with a group." Not everyone has group to play with, not every one has the back up needed in a situation like this. My suggestion to remedy this and force people to actually play and fight for the objectives is to either remove the server-wide announcements and simply have the map circle change color so that people have to look at the map on their own to find out if someone is capping it - without know how long until the loot drops.

My second suggestion is add a time limit to the missions. Currently when I pass by a mission, a quick thermal sweep will reveal multiple snipers surrounding the point waiting for someone to cap it so they can just steal the loot, if A time limit was introduced they wouldn't be able to just wait for someone else to do the work, one of them would have to activate the mission or all of their waiting would be for naught. This would be even better if the time limit was randomized (I.E. Capture point Alpha spawns with an uptime of 15 minutes while Capture Point Charlie spawns with a 13 minute uptime - that way no formula can be made and there's more uncertainty - which breeds a sense of urgency leading to more aggressive gameplay.

Another suggestion might be, loot crates spawn locked and only the capturer gets the code to open it. Again it would make people actually fight over the objective instead of just waiting to take it from someone else.

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about - but missions aren't part of vanilla Exile, check the corresponding thread for the specific mission framework to leave your feedback.

Edited by fat

Advertisement
Advertisement