Sign in to follow this  
William =D

Safe zones... Too safe?!

26 posts in this topic

Safe zones... Too safe?! well... what I mean is now that vehicles have full god mode whilst within the safe zone, which I can understand why this was implemented, it has now caused my server to house every single vehicle at the trader, who needs safes when you can park a strider in a safe zone and it will be alright?

Nothing stops a person to sign in, buy a vehicle and leave it to never return to the server.

The ACiDy unlock script had the right idea, I believe still leave the god mode within the safe zone, but upon reset, vehicles within that zone becomes unlocked.

ACiDy Unlock Script

Just my two cents, there needs to be a loss if items are just left in plain sight especially if left within a safe zone for an extensive period.

My current carpark level after advising to remove - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6p2D6L95k&feature=youtu.be

Edited by William =D
  • Like 4

All airports have extended parking options ;)  I do leave a vehicle in a safe zone occasionally... but only while I am in that area.  Unlocking every restart is harsh.. how about after a couple days?  That would seem to solve the problem of people leaving them there indefinitely.

Advertisement

All airports have extended parking options ;)  I do leave a vehicle in a safe zone occasionally... but only while I am in that area.  Unlocking every restart is harsh.. how about after a couple days?  That would seem to solve the problem of people leaving them there indefinitely.

I thought the same, but i feel if you set a "Day" counter it could open a world of "I WANT COMP, I LEFT IT THERE LAST RESET" so to speak...but never the less, good idea.

We unlock vehicles in safezone after restart. work great

are you using ACiDy's? 

Nope using my own, think I posted it on the forum, but might been to old.

Here is the code, but since I use my own server PBO there is no easy howto.

but basic is runs on server start.

Add this to you cfgFunctions

class unLockVehiclesInTradeZone {postInit = 1;};
/*
	File: unLockVehiclesInTradeZone.sqf
	Author: Michael <https://github.com/nerdalertdk>
	Description:
		Unlockes vehicles in traderzones
	Parameter(s):
		NONE
	Install:

*/
// Only run on server
if (!isServer) exitWith{};
private["_ExileTraderZone","_position","_radius","_vehicleArray","_vehicleUnlocked","_vehicleUnlockedTotal","_unLockVehiclesInTradeZone"];
_unLockVehiclesInTradeZone = 1;
if(_unLockVehiclesInTradeZone isEqualTo 1) then
{
	_vehicleUnlockedTotal = 0;
	{
		_ExileTraderZone = _x;
		if (getMarkerType _ExileTraderZone isEqualTo "ExileTraderZone") then
		{
			_vehicleUnlocked    = 0;
			_position          = getMarkerPos _ExileTraderZone;
			_radius            = getMarkerSize _ExileTraderZone;

_vehicleArray = _position nearEntities[["Motorcycle","Car","Tank","Helicopter","Plane_Base_F","GNT_C185"], _radius select 0];
			{
				private["_vehicleObject","_vehicleClass","_vehicleKindOfExile"];
				_vehicleObject = _x;

// Don't work if none exile vehicle is available on the server
				//_vehicleClass       = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _vehicleObject) >> "vehicleclass");
				//_vehicleKindOfExile = _vehicleClass IN ["ExileCars","ExileChoppers","ExilePlanes","ExileBoats","ExileBikes"];

if (_vehicleObject getVariable "ExileIsLocked" isEqualTo -1) then
				{
					format ["Unlocking vehicle beloning to UID: %1 / TRADER: %3 / CLASS: %2", _vehicleObject getVariable "ExileOwnerUID", typeOf _vehicleObject, _ExileTraderZone] call ExileServer_util_log;

_vehicleObject setVariable ["ExileIsLocked", 0, true];
					_vehicleObject lock 0;
					_vehicleUnlocked = _vehicleUnlocked + 1;
				};
				true
			}
			count _vehicleArray;

_vehicleUnlockedTotal = _vehicleUnlockedTotal + _vehicleUnlocked;
			format ["%1 Vehicle unlocked in %2", _vehicleUnlocked, _ExileTraderZone] call ExileServer_util_log;
		};
		true
	} count allMapMarkers;

format ["Total unlocked vehicle: %1", _vehicleUnlockedTotal] call ExileServer_util_log;
} else
{
	format ["traderzone vehicle cleanup deactivated! setting: %1", _unLockVehiclesInTradeZone] call ExileServer_util_log;
};
true

Save it as fn_unLockVehiclesInTradeZone.sqf

Edited by itsatrap
  • Like 1

https://github.com/secondcoming/ExilePHPAdmin/blob/master/safezone_delete.php

I run that at every restart to delete any vehicle that has been untouched in a safezone for more than 2 hours.

It is dependent on you adding a last_updated field to the vehicle table which is a timestamp of the last time the vehicle was accessed or driven and configuring the safe zones in the array $safezonearray:

$SafeZoneArray = ['2998.0603,18175.479,175,Folia'] //'x,y,radius,name' per safezone

Welcome to .... The car park... 

and this is after i submitted a public message to remove vehicles. Video HERE!

One guy even decided he wanted a fleet of SUV's..... 

Edited by William =D

Advertisement