Winters

Disappearing Ammo

Question

57 answers to this question

So it happens while you are ingame? Without relogging, without any restarts involved? If so, do you use the take all button?

His issue is the one where if you pick up a new gun all your existing weapon's ammo gets dropped.

The REAL problem that this thread started about is the loss of a mag when you log back into an Exile server. I've never seen it happen with anything but primary weapons. The way it works is, have gun with for example 4 mags. There's on in the gun so that leaves 3 in inventory. If you log out and back in for any reason you will now have a different full mag (it always swaps out the partial mag) in the weapon and only 2 left in your inventory.

I feel it has to do with the way inventory is saved as it is stored by type and not by what item it is in. I'd think something like BackPackContents = ["Item_1", Count],["Item_2", Count]; would work better.

This also leads to the annoying "minigame" of re-organizing your inventory constantly.

basic i lose a mag or 2 even grenadelauncher ammo upon evertime i disconnect and join later on it happends its like the ammo in the gun inst saved just leave it on the ground and taking a new mag from inv then loggin again later on or relogging 

Advertisement

Just want to chime in that I have had this similar experience. At first I just thought I was mistaken but I recently confirmed it as I know I had some 2 remaining mags and after log I only had the ammo in my gun.

I found a temp fix, switch to your sidearm prior to logging off, as long as you don't have ammo in the bag you won't lose sidearm ammo. Saves your primary ammo though.

Edit: Never mind, did not work. Just got lucky the first time. 

Edited by Winters

Had many reports of this happening as well.

One player last night came to me and said how many he purchased, which was 10 mags, he then logged off and came back and he only had 9 mags. However, he has 10 still in the database.....hmmm

I lost ammo on a reload from database, though in the database the missing clip was there, I had 1 in my gun and 1 in my vest. Might be problem with playerload script I have a look myself see if I can see what might be cuasing it.

Point is mag are in database but not on the player, so they getting saved, not reloaded.

Fun fact, I put all my ammo in the safe prior to login off. Got back on and lost an ammo clip. 

You're saying a mag vanished from your safe?

If the mags are in the ddatabase then maybe the gear load routines are decrementing the mag count on login and ayer spawn.

Advertisement