|RC|AFRIKA

Is the development of Exile going the right way?

33 posts in this topic

I am little concerned about the path this mod is going... It reminds me a lot of the development of the dayz... Big hype then massive disappointment...

I, personally don't like this loot abundance and traders... I like hardcore better... It's too easy to find gear and vehicles and have a LOT of money on your account in no time... That's why all of the servers are empty... People are bored with this mod as it lacks the most important thing - gameplay dynamic!! From thousand of servers, few of them are full all the time... This happened to pixelkiller server that I played on... @flow can confirm this! They had one server that was full all the time and the second one that just started to get populated... And now, second server is shut down, and first one is empty! All because of glitching and boredom...

This is how gameplay looks like right now;

• loot, find vehicles, sell them, buy heli, search for vehicles, sell,sell,sell, buy everything you need, get bored, troll people...

The most important thing is that you have to loot several towns and military bases in order to find good loot. This way players are forced to roam around the map which will contribute to random gunfights for loot.

This is my view of improving the gameplay dynamic;

POP TABS

• Remove money. I think that money is the main issue here... It's too easy to find money so you don't have to do anything else than search for vehicles and sell them... After a while, you get bored... Instead...

RESOURCES

• ...have oil, sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate , etc... Instead of having money which no one can steal, we have resources that anyone can steal if you are not carefull...

CRAFTING

• Ability to craft almost everything. Ammo, weapons, vehicle, etc...

SPAWN

• should be outside of the towns. Maybe somewhere near the coast, in the woods or near small villages. Towns should be place for looting instead of being bambi arena. Loot spawning is screwed enough, no need to screw it even more with bambies constantly stressing the loot system. Town is a place where you fight for loot and don't worry if 10 bambies are para dropping over your head. Also ability to spawn inside your base, but if your base is under attack, you cannot spawn inside the base.

LOOT

• needs to be inside a crates or something similar. Not spread all over the floor... (don't know how would this loot system affect the server but here is my suggestion) Each building spawns one empty crate on server start. Player entering a town triggers loot spawning inside that whole town and loot spawns in random crates. Loot despawns after no player is in town. I think this is better than spawning loot on and off for each of 100 people at the same time... Right now the looting is so funny that it's a crime! You can find all you need just in two houses... 

BAMBI

• is totally unnecessary! It is needed only because you put the spawn point in large cities!

TRADER

• Remove traders from the game! Everything that you need, can be crafted or looted. (Also I tested on my pc and I have 20fps more when I remove traders?)

CODE LOCK

• is a nice touch but... Big downside is that if you have rough member in your team, he can give pin to anyone and you are scre***. Here is what I think would be better - Locking system for base; Never ask for lock/unlock! If you are a clan member, you have option to open/close, if  not, you don't. For vehicles; there should be a key which can be duplicated and lost/stolen upon death... This is also one of the thrilling things, to steal someone's vehicle...

BUILDING

• Modular building is so glitchy and should not be used! There are so many objects in arma... Why not use them for building. We could create real military bases with sandbags, barbed wires, watchtowers, bunkers etc...

VEHICLE PURCHASE

• Remove purchasing of vehicles and instead, spawn few wrecks all over the map... Wrecks can be repaired if you have necessary parts(wheel, battery, engine parts,etc.). - Also contributes player roaming and random gunfights...

VEHICLE UPGRADING

• implement ability to upgrade vehicle armor and capacity.

TERRITORY

• Every territory is visible on the map unless you paid for discretion.

MAYBE ONE DAY...

• Official Exile Map
  • Imagine if we had a blank Exile map, without any houses. Only forest, fields of oil, sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate so you can make gunpowder for ammo, etc... Map is populated with player bases constructed they way I mentioned above. I think it would be awesome...
Edited by |RC|AFRIKA
People didn't understand the topic title and would post stupid answers that has nothing to do with what I meant to say with this topic...
  • Like 4

Most of what you suggest is up to the server ops to program. If your suggesting from a player only perspective, most of it is changeable. The pop tabs, haven't been suggested to change yet, or remove.

I think most of your comments, are good and very valid but lack one thing..

Player base using pvp territories. We make up our own servers, and the fun factor. I agree currency can be a rinse - repeat thing, to get better stuff. That is only a time sync thing to keep people active. Without pvp activity you will be bored anyways, so pvp with alternative time sync's are the only solutions.

It always can be changed, or tweaked. It is really up to your hosting party to change what is best for the community. Servers die in the summer always, been proven many times over. Winter time it picks up.

I see so many exile servers out there it isn't funny, but not all are full. Players get bored and try other things very quickly, especially the younger generation that I call "xbox" players, log in 2 minutes later log out and turn on another game.

Advertisement

i play for the PVP so easy money and loot is important, don't want to farm all day, I want to kill and raid like a viking :D

• ...have oil, sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate , etc... Instead of having money which no one can steal, we have resources that anyone can steal if you are not carefull...

it will first be Dayz when that happens :/ 

Edited by itsatrap
  • Like 1

Another DayZ - is exactly what you described in 'your view of improving the gameplay dynamic'.

Exile is NOT DayZ, and I hope it will never be, as a PvP game it's awesome, there's no need for another survival - plenty of them already.

Edited by [x] Splin
  • Like 7

@flow can confirm this! They had one server that was full all the time and the second one that just started to get populated... And now, second server is shut down, and first one is empty! All because of glitching and boredom...

Africa i never said such things? The second one was empty because nobody did advertisment for it or was active on it? And as Arma 1.5 came out many people stopped playing for some reasons?

Server 1 is growing again as we expected when 1.52 comes out. And remember this game was built for PVP where action should happen. Its not compareable to dayz or such. As the development goes on and on, at least everybody has the possibility to make HIS game out of it. By configuring the server to be like the owner wants to. We have left it long time plain vanilla, so we can report bugs or such.

Regards

Edited by Flow

@itsatrap - I like pvp too. And don't like to farm all day either. That's why I stalk people that do and steal their loot...

@[x] Splin - If this wasn't survival mod, there wouldn't be hunger and thirst?

@Flow- I never said that you said that... Just said that you can confirm the fact about your two servers... I too hope that people will come back now that 1.52 is out. Past few weeks wasn't fun playing with 8 people on the server... 

Every thing you described in your post is all things from wasteland, dayz, dayz epoch, dayz overpoch and the such, the point of this game its to be able to kill kill people. You say there shouldnt be as much loot spawning as there is well how are people going to get guns and pvp with other people, also you mention that there should not be traders then if there is not as much loot spawning and no traders to get guns at then how are you going to pvp? Yes without the traders you get more fps, but where are you going to get different weapons.  From a players stand point yes it is boring to go loot some make money loot more make money then build a monstrous base and be king of the server, but that is why there is base raiding. Not all structure parts are indestructible like the upgraded walls like the roofs and floors. you have to get creative to get into peoples bases and yes i know how much explosives it takes to get into someones base.

But from a server owners stand point a lot of what you describe is what you see in frankies video and you want what you play to be as glorious as he videos. Well guess what its not going to be he does a lot of editing to give his viewer the best story possible and he does a great job at it also, (also i dont care what anyone says hes not a hacker just a good game player).  Ok tangent over from a server owners stand point and a modders stand point it is awesome to see what you have built in code come alive and people enjoy it and of course people are going to bitch about this is the way it should be, well if you want it to be that way go and build it. We as server owners build our servers first and foremost for us to play on and have fun they way we want. Like you said there are thousands of servers out there that just sit empty all the time well my server is one of those but here in a few months a lot of those server you will see go away cause the money will dry up and they wont be able to or want to pay for it anymore cause of the fact that no one is playing on there server.

• Like 1

I think that none of you understood what I wanted to say with my post!!

I made a suggestion for improving the current gameplay which is; selling vehicles to be able to buy a better weapon and explosives or go fight in Pyrgos. This can all be done with a simple mission. No need for mod. The current lack of dynamic is making players to stick around the trader zones. The point is to force people to roam around the map in order to have more pvp action and that's exactly what I suggested i my first post...

And why not, taking the best features from each mods mentioned by you above if that will make awesome mod?

Advertisement