[x] Splin

Revert to old Arma weapon sway system

Revert to old Arma weapon sway system  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change it?

• Yes, it's better to have old Arma weapon sway
    • No, i like the new exaggerated weapon sway

47 posts in this topic

As Arma changed the weapons sway increesing it at some point, now it is too extensive for many players (even hardcore one). And it's not 'real', it's quite ridiculous. Exile is not strictly military sim, so I think it can be more suitable to revert to good old system, you can use the same fix as Battle Royale mod uses:

* Added Fixed Exaggerated Weapon Sway by Lao Fei Mao 				
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26267
Edited by [x] Splin
  • Like 4

Advertisement

It can be installed by server owners, but in this case every player will need to download this mod and it suck. That's why it should be built-in in Exile. 

And it works perfectly fine in Battle Royale, you can check it in game or at the twitch streams.

Ideally they need to look at how a character reacts in certain situations.

I'm pretty sure they can use the fatigue metric to determine how much sway you are experiencing.

This would make it more realistic in my opinion.

The higher the fatigue value the more sway you should be experiencing.

I don't think however there should Zero Sway.  You cannot hold a rifle and have zero sway IRL.  It's not humanly possible.

Edited by Brez

Ideally they need to look at how a character reacts in certain situations.

I don't think however there should Zero Sway.  You cannot hold a rifle and have zero sway IRL.  It's not humanly possible.

And again - just to clarify. This is not something new, or "disabled sway" mod. It's just previous Arma built-in sway model, which was perfectly fine until Bohemia started their experiments with fatigue and bipod system, which resulted in over-increased sway in almost all situations just for the new game features could be more useful and noticable. And this patch just takes us back to previous version where the sway is still there, but it's not THAT big and annoying. 

I don't remember anyone ever complained that Arma gunfights were "easy" or "unbalanced" before they changed it.
If you look at the link, you even see that it literally "Restored the classical arma sway way."

Edited by [x] Splin

I'm 100% totally agreeing with you on this! I hate the weapon swag in Arma 3 it is ridiculous and sometimes can be unplayable (mainly when you are injured because then it becomes 10 times worse). I have over 600 hours on Arma 3 and I still can't get use to this weapon swag shit, pretty annoying tbh.

Please fix this :D

• Like 1

Weapon sway used to be perfect in the Arma 3 alpha but when they brought in the fatigue system during the beta it pissed a lot of people off.

Even today the fatigue system sucks to the point where most mods and missions turn it off completely.

As said above, when BI brought out bipods they increased the amount of sway.

I personally would love to see an item added that would reduce sway when you take it. Something like diazepam would work well.

Another thing to to note is that when you are injured sway is increased and your ability to hold your breath is reduced.

Edited by Stoob

Everyone whines about how the weapon sway is "unrealistic:... 

Tell me what happens when you strap on 80+ pounds of gear, plus whatever crap your character is carrying (likely 20 bottles of water and 50 rolls of duct tape) then run around as fast as you can for five minutes. 

THEN tell me the weapon sway is unrealistic. Anyone who is honest with himself who HAS done this will tell you it's more realistic than not. If you think it is unrealistic, you've likely never done it. 

I personally like the fact that I have to use interrupted trigger control. It's more realistic... 

Advertisement