Instill

LEGION - Server Development Team

24 posts in this topic

I play exclusively on the Legion server and would be interested in moderating/admin'ing, I have very little scripting experience if that's what you're looking for, but I've started to get more into it lately.  

Can you elaborate on what specifically you're looking for? 

Advertisement

We still have a slot and havent found a perfect fit yet for our Server Development Team.

If you would like to join the team for one of the best Exile servers out there, drop us a message!

Thanks. 

www.LegionArma.com

A couple of things about this group, because their replies/reviews page was closed, along with my account (and several users accounts) on their forums:

• The administrators recently banned myself and a few other players for "Trolling" and "Being a dick". What this meant for me was being banned for leaving a negative (albeit, professional) review about the server here on exile.majormittens.co.uk. Additionally, they removed every single forum post and comment that I had made on their site, while providing no real reason or evidence to myself or anyone. That's why I'm having to post this here.
  • The administrators (namely Diamond) will pull a very funny and pathetic card. My first interaction with him, he decided to kick me from the game to get my attention on their Teamspeak (Headset was off, he claimed he kicked me for repeating what an Admin said in chat). He then went on about how he trusted the ~7 or so other admins. He claimed that most of them were veterans (being a veteran myself, I hope these aren't the people I share that honor with), he claimed that Still (an admin from The First Cavalry) worked on the original DayZ mod (He didn't, this is an outright fabrication), and made every pathetic attempt to get internet sympathy, and make the administrator team seem like someone I should respect and care about it seems.
  • The population of the server has not gone above ~1 player since they banned the most active members for the above reasons. Might as well load up single-player at that point.  Feel free to look at the server statistics yourself if you doubt this review.
  • Every good review about this server is written by the admin team. If it seems like it is getting praise from all fronts, that's because they have enough staff to vote 8 or 9 times with no issue.
  • The administrators deal with issues like children. I've seen long, drawn out arguments over Side chat (with insults back and forth from staff to players). I've personally seen them condemn a player for using a UAV that the player stole from an admin, saying that the UAV was OP, and then raising the price on them by over 10x the next restart. Along with that, the owner (Bob) seems to have a huge issue with typing the English language. While not a huge deal in itself, it's very hard to even understand what he's trying to convey.
  • If you so much as disagree with a change brought to the server, your comment (if they have the ability) will likely get deleted to be swept under the rug.
  • There are currently 8 or more administrators that can't seem to make a decision among themselves. This is easily 8x the server pop at any given moment. Imagine a neighborhood in which there was one police officer per citizen, right? Anyways, good luck swaying any of the admin's opinions/decisions, even in casual conversation or when suggesting ideas.
  • Additionally, while I was new to the server, I was 4th or 5th on the kill leaderboard, and my mates that I played with were 1st and 2nd. Not that this is meant to be Call of Duty or anything, but this does show that we were in no way incompetent at the game in any way. Every time we'd kill an admin, unless it was one of the three administrators that were mature and fair, we'd receive nothing but salt in Side Chat, our equipment that we preferred would be increased in price/removed, or we'd get a kick / ban of some sort (My friend was banned for "Metagaming". Hint: This isn't a roleplay server.)
  • I could likely think of some more, but I think I've made my point.

A few side notes: Yes, it's very petty of me to make this forum post. I understand if this comes across as a case of butthurt.mov, but new players considering this server need an opportunity to see this message and completely avoid this server. I do not mind that I was banned, but I want it to be clear that I did not break any rules, cheat, hack, disrespect anyone, or do anything wrong whatsoever. I left a 4/5 star review, for which I was chewed out for. After several people were banned for absolutely nothing, I changed my review to reflect this. I was banned the next day, with no explanation or opportunity for a ban appeal.

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I attempt to log into their site:

ofGYmRq.png 

Yes, you read that right: " Reason given for ban: You are no longer welcome here. Good Luch in your travels "

Here's some more censorship, this was sent from their reviews page here on exile.majormittens.co.uk:

SPz8Xbe.png

There is no fixing this issue until several (at least four) members of the Legion administration team are removed from the staff. Do yourself a gigantic favor and avoid this community, server, Teamspeak, and their administrators altogether. You might have a little fun driving around the map by yourself or with one person for an hour or so, but the team will find any reason to ban you, especially if you're actually competent at the game.

I will not be responding to this topic nor will I be reading replies. It is not worth my time, and I made this to inform new players about the dangers of playing on Legion's Exile Server. Thanks for reading. This review will likely get deleted if the Legion guys have any control over this board, as you can see above in the screenshots.

Edited by SpunkMayo
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2016 at 4:12 PM, SpunkMayo said:

The administrators recently banned myself and a few other players for "Trolling" and "Being a dick". What this meant for me was being banned for leaving a negative (albeit, professional) review about the server here on exile.majormittens.co.uk. Additionally, they removed every single forum post and comment that I had made on their site, while providing no real reason or evidence to myself or anyone. That's why I'm having to post this here.

Trolling and being a dick is exactly what it is. You are allowed to say whatever you want as long as it i constructive criticism and it is in the right place. Admin actions don't need to provide transparency, though we do and continue to do so. We don't ban people who simply don't like us; we ban people who are bad for our community. 

The administrators (namely Diamond) will pull a very funny and pathetic card. My first interaction with him, he decided to kick me from the game to get my attention on their Teamspeak (Headset was off, he claimed he kicked me for repeating what an Admin said in chat). He then went on about how he trusted the ~7 or so other admins. He claimed that most of them were veterans (being a veteran myself, I hope these aren't the people I share that honor with), he claimed that Still (an admin from The First Cavalry) worked on the original DayZ mod (He didn't, this is an outright fabrication), and made every pathetic attempt to get internet sympathy, and make the administrator team seem like someone I should respect and care about it seems.

There's several things here. One, a kick is the first step in the process. If you don't respond to our request, then yes you're going to be kicked and asked to come into TS. It isn't our fault you had you headset off; how are we suppose to know? Still was in fact on the original DayZ mod, not sure what makes you think you have the right to question that, or the proof to back it up? And yes, you are ALWAYS suppose to respect the admins. Respect is mutual, you show some, we show some, life is good. 

The population of the server has not gone above ~1 player since they banned the most active members for the above reasons. Might as well load up single-player at that point.  Feel free to look at the server statistics yourself if you doubt this review.

I laugh at you. Population has EXPLODED since we banned you guys. Go look for yourself: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/158.69.118.212:2318/

We almost hit 50 the other night. Sounds like banning you guys was in fact beneficial. 

Every good review about this server is written by the admin team. If it seems like it is getting praise from all fronts, that's because they have enough staff to vote 8 or 9 times with no issue.

Nope, there are reviews from non-admin members that are positive. Sorry

If you so much as disagree with a change brought to the server, your comment (if they have the ability) will likely get deleted to be swept under the rug.

Not one person of your group posted about a negative of the server with a potential fix in the correct place. NOT ONE! We told you; we have a place in the forums DEDICATED to this stuff, yet you never posted there. C'mon! Of course it got deleted if it was somewhere else; it was off-topic for that area, and we then reiterated where you should post it. 

There are currently 8 or more administrators that can't seem to make a decision among themselves. This is easily 8x the server pop at any given moment. Imagine a neighborhood in which there was one police officer per citizen, right? Anyways, good luck swaying any of the admin's opinions/decisions, even in casual conversation or when suggesting ideas.

Again, use the correct methods. We're adults, and most of us are extremely intelligent people. We talk constantly. Just use the right places and grow up. Not being a dick is simple. 

There is no fixing this issue until several (at least four) members of the Legion administration team are removed from the staff. Do yourself a gigantic favor and avoid this community, server, Teamspeak, and their administrators altogether. You might have a little fun driving around the map by yourself or with one person for an hour or so, but the team will find any reason to ban you, especially if you're actually competent at the game.

Right now, as I'm writing this, there are 20 people on the server. TWENTY. There was never that many when you guys we're on here. Face it, you guys we're bad for the community. Former players have come back to playing since we banned the 'cancer'. 

After several people were banned for absolutely nothing, I changed my review to reflect this.

Oh, they we're banned for a reason. Excessive trolling and being a dick. Rule #1: don't be a dick. You guys we're dicks, you got banned, live with it. 

Your pop has grown because you sponsored on A3L, you banned us for "being dicks" but you fail to explain that by that you mean we are the group that has been killing everyone. Repeatedly. Including the admin team. On a hardcore pvp server, go figure. You banned this other kid the other day for merely mentioning my name on sidechat. He used to run missions with us didnt really join in on our pvp action, yet you did it anyway. I reccomend you look up "trolling" on google, urban dictionary or what have you, because using ingame tactics and available gear such as UAVs to hunt players down and kill them, and then keep killing them when they sheepishly respawn at the nearest spawn point and bambi swarm for their corpses is NOT trolling. It is tactics. Oh yeah, you should look up "tactics" as well.

EDIT: If Still was indeed in the DayZ Mod dev team, then its up to him to prove it, not to the rest of us to disprove it. We've known Still for longer than you. Keep that in mind.

EDIT2: For a "hardcore pvp server" yeah your pop went up since you banned us (and sponsored on A3L) but look at the kills board? Me and Cherno were up there with over 60 kills, which we made in a couple of weeks (1 week for me actually, coz Dark Souls 3 came out after)  on a half dead server. Now you have so many players doing what? Hugging their teddy in their base, or better still, at the new safezone?

Edited by RazielHaint

Let's remember that we don't have to prove why we banned you. Community members started coming back to play because they were happy when you guys were banned. You're friend wasn't banned for mentioning your name. Your friend was banned for extreme disrespect, not for bringing you guys up. Get your facts straight and stop trying to portray one side of the story.

Why can't you guys move on? You got banned, yet you act like children and try to say "No bro, we didn't do anything wrong" when the ONLY people claiming that are you're friends. We should've have banned you all a long time ago to be honest. Move on, find somewhere else to play, and just accept it before you find yourself in more trouble. This doesn't help anybody. Again, I don't even play on the server; I don't care who you kill. But just because you are good at the game doesn't give you the right to be a dick. It's about having fun and being respectful of everyone. I hope you have found a server that aligns with your viewpoints, and I hope you have fun.

Regardless of all the banter above, I determine who plays on my server and who is a participant of my forums and website.  None of you were legion community members, you were guests in our world and you mocked our hospitality.  I have all the chat logs, Screenshots, ban appeals and records of every interaction with all of you.  I'm not going to post them now because  tbh this is all childish BS, you got your feelings hurt, so now you want to throw a tantrum.   Move on!

Edited by Bobroglaz
  • Like 1

Advertisement