Sign in to follow this  
Gristle

1950's-era PVE Server

1 post in this topic

I've been developing a Tanoa server using low-tech equipment using the IFA3, FOW, CSA38, Unsung and a few other mods. Thus far things are humming along nicely but the population has always been fluctuating. I would like to push it more into the RP field but would love some feedback and suggestions how to encourage this (short of a laundry list of rules) and how to find like-minded folks that might enjoy it.

Thus far it is heavy on crafting and scavenging including vehicle crafting. I've implemented the MarXet player market to encourage a secondary player economy as there are a lot of desirable items which are not purchasable such as crafting ingredients and rare weapons and ammunition.

For hostile forces I'm using DMS missions, Occuption 'hit squads' and loot crate guards and A3XAI air patrols and random spawns. Presently there is no 'good' or 'bad' faction on the server - the missions represent American, British, German, Japanese, Russian and Vietnamese forces and players are free to wear whatever suits them.

Lastly, since the weapons are primarily WWII to early Vietnam-war era, engagement distances are much shorter than with the vanilla weapons as scopes are few and far between and a vast majority are bolt action or semiauto only. This definitely changes the way battles play out as you must be considerably closer which puts submachine guns, shotguns and even pistols into a viable position.

MOD EDIT: Please don’t post server links or IP when recruiting staff.

POSTER EDIT: Anyone interested in being involved with this project please send me a message.

Edited by Gristle

Advertisement