Kflo01

Which Mission System Is Best?

4 posts in this topic

After hopping around across a few different servers and seeing what I like and listening to other players within these servers I decided to start my own server actually do these things. I ran a Arma 2 Dayz Mod server YEARS ago so I have some experience with this.

My question is I am looking thru all the different mission systems but which one is best? Meaning which has the LEAST performance impact on a server, which is the EASIEST to customize? Which has the most options and lastly which one has the Town Occupation missions. I thought these were SUPER fun but I dont see them often on a server. 

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure there is a correct answer to this question, as it all comes down to personal preference on what you want to put on the server.

Personally, we use a combination of DMS and ZCP.
We've previously also used vemf as well which works nicely. This one has town takeover missions, and base attack missions and is quite easy to cusstomise

• Like 1

Advertisement

For performance stick with dms and zcp. Zcp utilises dms's ai so, is relatively light. Also, dms allows you to offload the ai resources from the server to the clients. 

Although vemf is great with town occupation missions and base attack missions where ai will spawn on a random base, I found that it was resource heavy which you'll notice if you fill your server. Plus, zcp, if configured to do so, can also take over towns. 

Can always do what we did, run all 3 until you get pop and notice any issues and then pull one of them. 

Anyway, good luck and have fun. 

• Like 1

Advertisement