GamersRoost

Serious help needed for custom map - see below

4 posts in this topic

Hey Exiles,

I have a real need for a custom map designer or team, to work together building the newest and in my view the best map for survival since Cherno. 

The Valley is where I live in real life. It's in way Northern Utah USA. See pics (and very soon will add video link of the actual ground) below.

I have tried on several occasions to watch tutorials and such to create the map. I have never even had a visually correct model in the designing tools.

If anyone has real experience or at the least a true understanding  of how the maps are created, please connect with me and let's turn this place into the best map that Arma  3 exile has ever seen.

PICTURE: 

Logan Topo.png

LoganUT1.png

northern-utah-little-valley.jpg

thM9NC81KF.jpg

cava21.jpg

cava16.jpg

e9a34a5770161404621d2bde4734cbb1.jpg

LoganUT2.png

Your first step would be to try and find real height data for the area. Then bring that into L3DT. Beyond that there's plenty of tutorials out there. Keep in mind it may be difficult to get the area to look right without US style buildings.

• Like 1

Advertisement
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, CrazyCorky said:

Your first step would be to try and find real height data for the area. Then bring that into L3DT. Beyond that there's plenty of tutorials out there. Keep in mind it may be difficult to get the area to look right without US style buildings.

I did some research and came up with this after aligning 3 map parts from my area. In L3DT I have a terrain as I see everyday. It's just green :)  

I will keep trying till something happens. 

3partLogan1.png

Advertisement