WCD Phyro

Mission addons - shows mods as suggested instead of required

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

When connecting to my server, Arma 3 launcher shows mods as suggested/additional instead of required and I'm out of ideas what to do.
Command line looks like that:
-enableHT "name=Exile" "-profiles=instance" "-cfg=instance\basic.cfg" "-config=instance\server.cfg" "-bepath=C:\xx\User\18xxx\battleye" -ip=81.19.216.154 -port=2450 -filePatching "-mod=@CBA_A3;@Exile;@zombies;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@ChernarusRedux;@Extended_Items_Exile;@SMA;@enhanced;@NIArsenal@tryk_uniforms@NATO_vehicles;@ProjectInfinite" "-servermod=@ExileServer;@extDB2;@infiSTAR_Exile" -autoinit

Mission.sqm addons:

addOns[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "Ryanzombies",
        "ryanzombiesfunctions",
        "CUP_Core",
        "chernarusredux",
        "exitems",
        "SMA_weapons",
        "hlc_core",
        "TRYK_uniforms",
        "mas_vehicle",
        "bnae_core"
    };
addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "exile_client"
    };

Is there anyplace else I have to call for addons? Mods that are being loaded by commandline are named exactly the same as mods folder names in root folder of the server, and the addon names are copied from @mod_name\addons\addon_name.pbo, keys are placed correctly too.

Any ideas? :)

Edited by WCD Phyro

This is the old setup for mission.sqm, but if I remember correctly you need to add map objects to the addOns section and mods to the addOnsAuto. There's also calls at the bottom of the mission.sqm but you shouldn't need to worry about them. If you get the unRap tool you'll get a different format for this file with only one section for addons, and it's more straight forward, you'll just need to worry about numbering. 

Example of new format:
You can see that the items = 2, that's because 0 counts as a number and not necessarily as a value that you would normally think of.

addons[] = {"exile_client", "A3_Ui_F"};

class AddonsMetaData {
	class List {
		items = 2;

class Item0 {
			className = "exile_client";
			name = "exile_client";
		};

class Item1 {
			className = "A3_Ui_F";
			name = "Arma 3 - User Interface";
			author = "Bohemia Interactive";
			url = "https://www.arma3.com";
		};

};
};

Advertisement

That actually helps a lot, everything makes sense now, thanks a lot.

I'll try that later and post back to confirm it works if anyone else will encounter a similar issue.

I downloaded the most recent mission.sqm i could find (version 53) and edited it to my likings, inserted the addons i'd like to use, but its still giving me the same error. Its the same as before, everything thats bellow those 4:
"CUP_Core",
"chernarusredux",
"Ryanzombies",
"ryanzombiesfunctions"
throws an error, and it does not matter in what order i add them, i tried one by one too and its always the same. Funny thing is i don't even have a "ryanzombiesfunctions" addon anywhere on the server, it was just said in the installation for zombies that i should add that addon into the mission.sqm, and it doesn't matter if i remove that or now, everything i put bellow zombies is always an issue.

EDIT: if it makes any difference, my old mission.sqm was version 12 and what i described above was the error, so i moved the "addon" line out of class Mission and it worked, but mods were still showing as suggested and not required.

Edited by WCD Phyro
  • Like 1

Advertisement