Top Banana

KSVK Zeroing

8 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to bring this us because I know some hard work has probably gone into fixing it, but does the KSVK zeroing really need fixing? The KSVK with APDS rounds is an extremely powerful gun. One of its redeeming factors is that you have to have some knowledge and skill to use at long distances because it only zeros to 1000m. When it can be zeroed to 2000m, everyone and their gran is going to be sitting completely out of sight blowing up cars from 2km away with a single clip

• Like 1

Only if they have a high powered scope... the server owners could make them rare or expensive. LRPS's are extremely hard to find on my own server and not available to buy at the traders. You could just make them very, very expensive and rare.

Oh, and you could do this with a Lynx & APDS anyway as I believe they are basically the same damage levels right?

Advertisement

No the KSVK does so much more damage. And yes we could remove the LRPS from our trader, but then people would just use the AMS, MOS or the Kahlia, which are just as efficient scopes at high distances.

Edited by Top Banana

@Top Banana quite right however at massive distances the AMS is not perfect due to the relatively low magnification compared with the LRPS. The MOS is also only 4x from memory but you're right about the Kahlia, I seem to recall that has quite good magnification.

There is one other option..... remove APDS rounds on the server for the KSVK?  Surely the standard ammo is not as insanely powerful.

@Riker2335   Yes the scopes have a lot less magnification which means there's a lot more to be had with the mildots -  so you can shot a lot further with them. We could remove the APDS completely but we are not trying to do away with it, we'd just rather not have everyone running around with it. 

@Psycho I've searched a lot for it on the forums, if you search KSVK zeroing you get drowned in posts about it only being zeroed to 1km, and as far as I'm aware we cannot manually set the weapons attributes. 

Anyway, this was just a suggestion, if everyone else disagrees then I'm sure we can figure out our own way of balancing it.

@Psycho you're quite right, the new changelog does indicate that the KSVK has had the zeroing fixed. This is actually what @Top Banana is questioning, did it need to be fixed or was the bug really a feature?

The point is that the KSVK with APDS ammo is quite powerful, so much so in fact that a parked vehicle at 2KM can be destroyed by the KSVK fairly quickly. With the zeroing "bugged" at 1KM max, Top Banana was actually suggesting this might be better than having the weapon properly zeroing.

To be honest, I'm not sure of the best solution myself and can see both sides of the argument. In my case, the best resolution for my server was to make the ammo rare and I can tell you that I have about 32 clips of standard ammo in my safe and only about 3 or 4 clips of APDS. That's the sort of "rarity" that I was meaning... it's out there but not something you'll use under normal circumstances.

Advertisement