JerryAtricks

[SOLVED] SteamAPI initialization failed.

Question

I think I've read every thread about this topic and every one of them says to ignore that error, that the server will run without Steam. It does. My server works just fine. 

However, this the extent of my server.rpt:

11:30:29 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!

That's it. It goes no further. No error logging, no addon initializations; nothing. It would be nice to be able to see that kind of info to trouble shoot errors, dontyathink?

From what I've also read on the BIS Wiki is the error is caused by a mismatch in the Steam_AppId which should be 107410... it is. So I don't understand why I'm still getting that error. 

If I've missed something please point me in the right direction. 

Thanks!

Edited by JerryAtricks
Solved

15 answers to this question

Advertisement
On 11/27/2017 at 6:36 AM, JerryAtricks said:

I think I've read every thread about this topic and every one of them says to ignore that error, that the server will run without Steam. It does. My server works just fine. 

However, this the extent of my server.rpt:

That's it. It goes no further. No error logging, no addon initializations; nothing. It would be nice to be able to see that kind of info to trouble shoot errors, dontyathink?

From what I've also read on the BIS Wiki is the error is caused by a mismatch in the Steam_AppId which should be 107410... it is. So I don't understand why I'm still getting that error. 

If I've missed something please point me in the right direction. 

Thanks!

We all get this error something else is wrong. Like @WURSTKETTE post your rpt in a spoiler.

• Like 1

Me thinks you didn't read my first post. LOL! I did post my rpt...

That's it. That's all that's in it. I understand everyone gets that error, but that's not my problem. My problem is I have nothing in my server.rpt. :P

On 27.11.2017 at 5:36 PM, JerryAtricks said:

That for sure is NOT the WHOLE content of your RPT! :) But i'm not askin again, it's you lookin for help.

Just for clarification, wasn't your server running a few weeks ago? What did you changed or are we talkin about a new box?

Edited by WURSTKETTE

20 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

That for sure is NOT the WHOLE content of your RPT! :) But i'm not askin again, it's you lookin for help.

Furthermore, wasn't your server running a few weeks ago? What did you changed or are we talkin about a new box`?

Jeez Mr. grumpy Pants.>:( Why is it you regulars always cop an attitude when someone asks stupid questions? :P

Here is ALL of what is in my rpt. 

Spoiler

=====================================================================
== C:\Users\JerryAtricks\Desktop\server_altis\arma3server_x64.exe
== arma3server_x64.exe  -port=2302 -profiles=ZEDFARM -name=ZEDFARM -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg -mod=@Exile;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@JSRS_SOUNDMOD;@JSRS4APEX;@FMP;@HAP;@HVP;@TRYK; -Servermod=@ExileServer;@brc_helper;@Enigma;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedSlingLoading;@AdvancedTowing;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;@sadminifix;@A3XAI; -cpuCount=8 -high -maxMem=8192 -hugePages -noPause -noSplash -nologs -world=empty -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi_x64 -autoinit -nologs                          

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server_x64
Exe timestamp: 2017/11/29 14:27:53
Current time:  2017/12/07 15:01:34

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.78.143717

Allocator: C:\Users\daveb\Desktop\server_altis\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi_x64.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]
PhysMem: 16 GiB, VirtMem : 131072 GiB, AvailPhys : 14 GiB, AvailVirt : 131072 GiB, AvailPage : 16 GiB
=====================================================================

15:01:34 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!

Forgive me for assuming that the "content" of the rpt  was everything below the =======================================================. :P

Yes, my server was running a few weeks ago and I ran into a snag but since no one replied within a week of me asking I reinstalled the server which fixed the issue. But theeeeen I moved it to another box and now I'm having all new issues, specifically this one. K

34 minutes ago, JerryAtricks said:

Jeez Mr. grumpy Pants.>:( Why is it you regulars always cop an attitude when someone asks stupid questions? :P

Not grumpy at all, hence i put the smile there :)

Shouldn't sound like attitude, more like giving a piece of advice, if someone tryin to help and ask for rpt, don't just post a snipit of the part you think, what might caused the error - there might be more. Most of us had to learn that, most the hard way :D

Sorry if i sounded rude, wasn't my intention.

I'm not a expert at all, just a fellow tryin to help out and inb4 we playin awnser/question ping-pong...you know.

Why i was askin for the whole RPT, i remember back in the days i had the exact same problem and since yesterday i'm tryin to remember what was causing it - head is smokin!

A few questions and a few ideas for method of elimination.:

What is the arma console window showing up?

Did you tried runnin the server vanilla -servermod=@exileserver and -mod=@exile only? If not, give it a try vanilla - check back.

Did you installed all visual 2015 redistributable, x86 and x64?

Did you gave it a try with 32bit arma exe? Same faulty behaviour?

(Sure not the error) but you might also  wanna update your server, you'r still running 1.78 and who knows, maybe that fresh downloaded serverfiles will solve the problem magically.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

5 hours ago, WURSTKETTE said:

Not grumpy at all, hence i put the smile there :)

Shouldn't sound like attitude, more like giving a piece of advice, if someone tryin to help and ask for rpt, don't just post a snipit of the part you think, what might caused the error - there might be more. Most of us had to learn that, most the hard way :D

Sorry if i sounded rude, wasn't my intention.

I'm not a expert at all, just a fellow tryin to help out and inb4 we playin awnser/question ping-pong...you know.

Why i was askin for the whole RPT, i remember back in the days i had the exact same problem and since yesterday i'm tryin to remember what was causing it - head is smokin!

A few questions and a few ideas for method of elimination.:

What is the arma console window showing up?

Did you tried runnin the server vanilla -servermod=@exileserver and -mod=@exile only? If not, give it a try vanilla - check back.

Did you installed all visual 2015 redistributable, x86 and x64?

Did you gave it a try with 32bit arma exe? Same faulty behaviour?

(Sure not the error) but you might also  wanna update your server, you'r still running 1.78 and who knows, maybe that fresh downloaded serverfiles will solve the problem magically.

Heh! I was J/K also, hence why I said why 'ppl catch an attitude when ppl ask 'stupid' questions.' :P

Anyhoo... This issue has been with me since the fresh install. I realize I said 'moved the server to a new box' earlier, in actuality I reinstalled it on a new box. So yeah, I had the error with Vanilla A3.

Arma console? You mean the window that pops up when I run the server?  

I have the 2013 and 2015 redistributables installed. I could try to reinstall them but since the server works I don't think it's that.

I'll have to set up another server to see if it was an install error. I just hate to go through all that mess again if there's a simple remedy for it.

And I did update to the latest 1.80 but still no luck. =\

9 hours ago, JerryAtricks said:

Arma console? You mean the window that pops up when I run the server?  

Yeh right!

Did you tried using 32bit arma?

9 hours ago, JerryAtricks said:

So yeah, I had the error with Vanilla A3.

Talkin bout vanilla, was meant more in the way - remove all mods except of exile/exileserver and all (unnecessary) launch parms.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement