Super Jerome

[SOLVED] Overwriting CfgWorlds

10 posts in this topic

So I'm trying to change the water setting on Chernarus Redux by changing the WaterExPars and I hit a road block. I copied the entire CfgWorlds and made the changes I want, however, it seems to only overwrite the clutter. The clutter is contained in ChernarusRedux_C while everything else is in chernarusredux_data. When I load my addon pbo, I can see in the rpt where it overwrites everything within ChernarusRedux_C. I believe my problem lies within my CfgPatches, but I don't know where I went wrong and why it will not overwrite anything withing chernarusredux_data. The base CfgPatches for both are:

class chernarusredux_data
{
    units[] = {};
    weapons[] = {};
    requiredVersion = 1;
    requiredaddons[] = {};
    version = "0.1";
    author = "CHR Team";
};

and 

class ChernarusRedux_C
{
    author = "CHR Team";
    name = "ChernarusRedux";
    url = "";
    requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Sounds_F","chernarusredux_sounds"};
    requiredVersion = 0.1;
    units[] = {};
    weapons[] = {};
    worlds[] = {"chernarusredux"};
};

My pbo which I am using to overwrite these parameters is:

class WaterFix
    {
        author = "Super J";
        name = "WaterFix Cherno Redux";
        url = "";
        requiredAddons[] = {"CUP_Core","CUP_Worlds","CUP_Worlds_Water","A3_Sounds_F","ChernarusRedux","chernarusredux_sounds","chernarusredux_data","chernarusredux_layers","ChernarusRedux_C"};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        version = "0.1";
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        worlds[] = {"chernarusredux"};
    };

Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong to cause it to ignore chernarusredux_data?

Edited by Super Jerome

Advertisement

Change some settings on Chernarus_Redux - especially clutterGrid and clutterDist. I think I have the basics missing like which file to edit and where to include the CfgPatches. Sometimes (most times?) the BI sqf stuff is not logical...

Creating .pbos and .sqf in general I know well. This is the first time playing with CfgWorlds and CfgPatches.

9 minutes ago, mokdevel said:

Change some settings on Chernarus_Redux - especially clutterGrid and clutterDist. I think I have the basics missing like which file to edit and where to include the CfgPatches. Sometimes (most times?) the BI sqf stuff is not logical...

Creating .pbos and .sqf in general I know well. This is the first time playing with CfgWorlds and CfgPatches.

Hold on let me find my work. I will give you how I made my mod.

The whole thing starts to slowly make sense. Once I have the new .pbo created, is it enough to have this only on the server side? I can see in .rpt that the mod is loaded, but I can not see any of my changes anywhere (clutter etc...). I had the mod included in -mod start parameter.

Advertisement