CONTROL

Starting server assistance

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, i've been playing exile for quite some time, and have really wanted to start my own server. With that being said, i have been working on a map for around 3months and feel like im missing huge pieces of information regarding building a exile mission, server optimization, and general mission making basics. Im really here seeking guidance on making my "perfect" exile server actually work and run well. If anyone would like to help the process and can offer me information i would greatly appreciate it! 

If you would like to help tutor me, i would be forever in debt, and we can help create another great server for the community! Thanks everyone!

Add me on steam :D 

I think you should build a simple server based on a map/mission file that is supported by Exile out of the box.  After a couple weeks you'll understand the whole shebang and will probably have no trouble building your own mission file.  That's definitely a huge task to jump into without any experience with it beforehand!

Advertisement

Thanks guys, i'll take your advice and keep working, this has been a ongoing mission for months. 

On another note, do i now need to go thru and remove all the animation scripting and change them all using the eden option now that it is available?

My biggest reason for asking for assistance - Is there a reason a majority of exile servers have such "lack-luster" (to put it nicely) trader zones? Is there an place-able object count that effects performance? How much is too much?

Edited by CONTROL

9 hours ago, CONTROL said:

Thanks guys, i'll take your advice and keep working, this has been a ongoing mission for months. 

On another note, do i now need to go thru and remove all the animation scripting and change them all using the eden option now that it is available?

My biggest reason for asking for assistance - Is there a reason a majority of exile servers have such "lack-luster" (to put it nicely) trader zones? Is there an place-able object count that effects performance? How much is too much?

Map objects do affect the servers performance... But it takes a while lot before that starts to hinder performance. The lack luster you see is probably the limitation of that server owner/Dev.  I myself, am not the creative type so I only do what's necessary when it comes to traders and map objects.  In other words, don't worry too much about that, get creative!

• Like 1

Advertisement