[RG] Salutesh

Exile Default and Custom Container Loot System

29 posts in this topic

This is also part of my Exile Expansion Mod but i got some requests from you guys how to use this just with arma assets and without the Exile Expansion Mod.

Basicly it expands the default exile loot spawn system to a container loot system with a interaction option.

If a player inspects a container he will get a progressbar and plays a animation wile searching throu the container.

If he moves to far away (3 meters) from the container object the action will be interrupted. 

Here are some images of the Exile Expansion Version:

20170925194808_1.jpg

20170928182235_1.jpg

The system is full customisable and you can also have a chance of normal loot spawns mixed with the container loot spawn.

GitHub: https://github.com/salutesh/Exile_Expansion/tree/master/Exile_CLS

Installation and configuration guide: https://github.com/salutesh/Exile_Expansion/tree/master/Exile_CLS#installation

Information about the changes to the default lootspawn: 

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 7

Is it possible to make the boxes spawn in random places, and not where the clear place and type of box is already intended?

I would like, for example, that after the restart the player does not find the same place, the same box, and look for it in another place, it seems to me more logical, because with your version players will simply remember the location of steep boxes and will go to first turn only there

• Like 1

Advertisement

Am i getting this right?

I have to place the boxes via the Eden editor on places on our map first, where they later should spawn with loot?

The loot is not spawning like normal, with the difference that it is placed in crates?

It would be great if loot would spawn like normal, just packed in crates.

3 hours ago, Alexis said:

Is it possible to make the boxes spawn in random places, and not where the clear place and type of box is already intended?

I would like, for example, that after the restart the player does not find the same place, the same box, and look for it in another place, it seems to me more logical, because with your version players will simply remember the location of steep boxes and will go to first turn only there

18 minutes ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

Am i getting this right?

I have to place the boxes via the Eden editor on places on our map first, where they later should spawn with loot?

The loot is not spawning like normal, with the difference that it is placed in crates?

It would be great if loot would spawn like normal, just packed in crates.

The file ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding within the server addon replaces the default exile loot spawn system with a mix of container and normal loot spawns. Depending of the version (with or without Exile Expansion Mod) just ovverride the file in your CfgExileCustomCode:

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
    /*
  	  You can overwrite every single file of our code without touching it.
  	  To do that, add the function name you want to overwrite plus the 
  	  path to your custom file here. If you wonder how this works, have a
  	  look at our bootstrap/fn_preInit.sqf function.

Simply add the following scheme here:

<Function Name of Exile> = "<New File Name>";

Example:

ExileClient_util_fusRoDah = "myaddon\myfunction.sqf";
    */

// Exile default container lootdrop changes
    ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding = "\a3_exile_expansion_cls\Exile_Server_Overrides\ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding.sqf";

// Exile default container lootdrop changes (Exile Expansion)
    ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding = "\a3_exile_cls\Exile_Server_Overrides\ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding.sqf";
};

Just copy one of these lines into your config depending on the cls version you are using!

You can also change the chance of spawning a crate instead of a normal spawn in the CfgExileLootContainers.cpp.

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 1

Once again i have confirmation for being not the brightest light in the room... :D

Ok, i followed the install instructions step 1 to step 4.

Then i did the optional step 5 and added

ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding = "\a3_exile_cls\Exile_Server_Overrides\ExileServer_system_lootManager_spawnLootInBuilding.sqf";

to my  CfgExileCustomCode, because i am not using Exile Expansions.

Did step 6 then.

Ah, and changed the container chance to 100.

If i understood right the Loot now should be spawned in crates.

Restartet the server, but loot still is scattered around and no boxes to see.

I am sorry if i am a pain in the neck, but what did i forget?

I am sure that i followed all steps correctly(checked several times), restarted the server several times.

I am a bit confused about the "How to use" and "Configuration" part.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

Once again i have confirmation for being not the brightest light in the room... :D

Ok, i followed the install instructions step 1 to step 4.

Then i did the optional step 5 and added

to my  CfgExileCustomCode, because i am not using Exile Expansions.

Did step 6 then.

Ah, and changed the container chance to 100.

If i understood right the Loot now should be spawned in crates.

Restartet the server, but loot still is scattered around and no boxes to see.

I am sorry if i am a pain in the neck, but what did i forget?

I am sure that i followed all steps correctly(checked several times), restarted the server several times.

I am a bit confused about the "How to use" and "Configuration" part.

Did you have placed the a3_exile_cls.pbo into your servers @exile_server/addons folder?

You have to do all steps and also the optionals to get it working.

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

Thank you very much.

Woke up right now, now a tea and i will try again xD

Just hit me here or in the Exile Discord if you still run into any issues then.

• Like 1

Advertisement