TheDaddy

RCON chat

6 posts in this topic

I wonder if someone would be able to guide me.

Having set up an RCON connection, I get the connection ok and players joined/leaving etc, but cant seem to get any chat output to the RCOM client.

I can send messages from the RCON client but nothing from any chat channel back to it.

Cant help but think its something on the serverside. anyone know of a config that would affect this?

Ta

Advertisement
8 hours ago, TheDaddy said:

Thanks @Blake2394 I've tested with several clients. BRC, Dart, EPM, Zbot etc. Just not getting the chat! Which is why i thought it must be a server issue.

Interesting... I have never had that issue. It's kinda interesting because you made the connection and can see players leaving and joining. Hopefully someone comes along and helps you out!

On 9/16/2017 at 11:20 AM, TheDaddy said:

Thanks @Blake2394 I've tested with several clients. BRC, Dart, EPM, Zbot etc. Just not getting the chat! Which is why i thought it must be a server issue.

RCON Chat only works if there are receivers. Talking in side with 1 players online = no chat. Talking in group with no group members = no chat, talking in direct with noone arround you = no chat, same for vehicle. only Global chat always work i think.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zupa said:

RCON Chat only works if there are receivers. Talking in side with 1 players online = no chat. Talking in group with no group members = no chat, talking in direct with noone arround you = no chat, same for vehicle. only Global chat always work i think.

Now that is very useful information, Thanks Zupa :D

Advertisement