Sign in to follow this  
Caatalyst

[SOLVED] Dayz - Exile

6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm sure everybody has been watching the gamescon footage. Apparently Dayz Beta is right around the corner with base building and FULL MOD support. Apparently everything can be done with scripts like Arma.

I wonder if we will ever see Exile on the Dayz engine ;-)

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-es-beta-demo-2-gamescom-dayz-standalone-argentina/

• Like 1

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Caatalyst said:

Hey all,

I'm sure everybody has been watching the gamescon footage. Apparently Dayz Beta is right around the corner with base building and FULL MOD support. Apparently everything can be done with scripts like Arma.

I wonder if we will ever see Exile on the Dayz engine ;-)

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-es-beta-demo-2-gamescom-dayz-standalone-argentina/

Actually, Enfusion engine will be better for modders, as enforce is much more powerful than SQF. 

I'm not that hyped though, because the DayZ-team has been saying a lot of stuff that hasn't happened, and the fact that all gameplay they showed is basically the same stuff we saw a year back, it's all just words. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

Actually, Enfusion engine will be better for modders, as enforce is much more powerful than SQF. 

I'm not that hyped though, because the DayZ-team has been saying a lot of stuff that hasn't happened, and the fact that all gameplay they showed is basically the same stuff we saw a year back, it's all just words. 

Apparently the next update that drops will have full modding. I was curious because Fusion i'm guessing is an evolved version of the Arma engine so Arma modders might be able to pick it up quite easily?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

I hear you there, they lost an insane amount of their community by dragging their heels. Myself included

I think the hype train is back on due to this update though. And to be fair to them, it is looking rather good, depsite still lacking end game content.

I'm not that arsed for vanilla DayZ, but an Exile mod on that engine would definitely have me crawling back

Advertisement