Spin Khan

1.0.3 Vanilla BE Filters Out-of-the-box

6 posts in this topic

Ok, hopefully I have this in the correct place.  This is really an Exile 1.0.3 distribution issue, not a BE issue per se, but that may be too precise.   It does primarily involve the correct and working BE filters for 1.0.3 out of the box so to speak. 

It is confusing that in the complete vanilla download of latest Exile, the BE filters simply do not allow the mod to work, at least, it's certainly not playable, kicking for virtually everything indiscriminately.  I'm not seeing the sense in this, am I missing something?  The mod, directly from the download, should incorporate any and all BE filters that allow that very mod to work but I'm seeing the opposite.  That being said, IS there a sample of or does anyone have a set of BE filters solely for vanilla Exile 1.0.3 that allows the mod to work without any other additions or addons?  I'm chasing my backside trying to get vanilla to work.  I'd like to move forward, not try to learn or figure out what should be working already.

Thanks!

C'mon folks.  I just wiped my server again, not a big deal since I've not really moved forward on things yet; Installed Vanilla Exile 1.0.3, and jumping on as the First and Only player, out-of-the-box, I get kicked for simply entering a safe-zone! 

I mean, I'm really jazzed at all the hard work  and I'm very impressed with the amazing things I see folks doing extending Arma but this is a huge oversight and I know everyone is struggling with this in some form or another.  In my case, as basically a newbie server, I can't search every thread trying to determine from the snippets here and snippets there what is relevant, what is not; what will help me, what will not; and try to kludge good, clean Exile Vanilla BE files together.  Moreover, I'm sitting here, not only dumbfounded at this oversight by the Exile team, but thinking the first thing I WOULD DO if I had a clean set of perfectly working Vanilla filters, would be to Zip them and post them so no one else would have to pound their heads against the table because of this infantile oversight.

Can anyone please offer up a set of clean, working Vanilla filter files so at least new and especially /newbie/ servers can move forward? 

As I'm sure everyone's noticed, the number of Exile serves running any map, after being divided between PvP, PvE is not really that large, I wanted to start another server for that exact reason, to give us all MORE choices!

And IF I'm missing something here, clue me in, I just want to move forward.

A BILLION thanks if anyone can point me to a working set!  Thanks!

20170815-003848.jpg

Advertisement

So wait how do 1100 other servers don't have the same issue you're facing? I wouldn't say the devs have a huge oversight when its most likely your fault.

Wow, so thanks for contributing nothing with such a silly comment.  But thanks.  Keep up the good work! 

There's not much else that can be said with "plain vanilla exile out of the box" what part of that did you seem to miss?  But you didn't want to ask questions, help, or contribute right, you just wanted to act smart and tough!  Ok, then, I wonder what I could have done wrong?  The server auto-installs the mod.  Even says, you do nothing just jump in and play, right on the box!  :)

Oh, and there seem to be a lot of folks yelling on the forums for much the same thing.  But thanks for being so kind, courteous and helpful.  Look me up next you're in Houston, I'll buy the chocolate milk.

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Spin Khan said:

Wow, so thanks for contributing nothing with such a silly comment.  But thanks.  Keep up the good work! 

There's not much else that can be said with "plain vanilla exile out of the box" what part of that did you seem to miss?  But you didn't want to ask questions, help, or contribute right, you just wanted to act smart and tough!  Ok, then, I wonder what I could have done wrong?  The server auto-installs the mod.  Even says, you do nothing just jump in and play, right on the box!  :)

Oh, and there seem to be a lot of folks yelling on the forums for much the same thing.  But thanks for being so kind, courteous and helpful.  Look me up next you're in Houston, I'll buy the chocolate milk.

Thanks!

My comment was silly because you're insinuating that the devs have such a huge oversight on their mod when infact its your fault for causing the issue at hand. I literally just followed a guide to setup a server and it worked flawlessly.

My comment was silly because you're insinuating that the devs have such a huge oversight on their mod when infact its your fault for causing the issue at hand. I literally just followed a guide to setup a server and it worked flawlessly. So accept blame or stfu. Your choice.

Great I'm happy for you.  And I'm glad you edited your comment.  What I don't understand is the hostility.  You don't know anything about me, you don't know my background.  But I'm obviously learning a lot about you.  Still what I don't understand is what I've said already, "there's not much else that can be said with 'plain vanilla exile out of the box.'"

In the end, *I've* had start and restart, enter and leave the game over and over again and yes, ALL because of BE filters AND Exile mod.  But hey, if it makes you feel good, shit on me all you want, I'm all about duty, honor, country.  But, you may want to reconsider my milk offer!

Thanks!

Advertisement