Sign in to follow this  
Caatalyst

PUBG - Exile mod

23 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Caatalyst said:

When PUBG adds modding exile needs to get made for it so bad! It would work so damn well! 

How? The whole concept is to loot and die. Its not made to build bases around the map

Advertisement

That's why you make a 'mod' to do those things. Just like they did for arma 3. The developers have already said that full modding support and tools will be released soon and they've already planned for a role playing game mode.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Caatalyst said:

That's why you make a 'mod' to do those things. Just like they did for arma 3. The developers have already said that full modding support and tools will be released soon and they've already planned for a role playing game mode.

Yeah but i don't understand why anyone would want to change the concept of the circles and what not. Exile mod wouldn't work that way. It would just be like us making a UE4 port essentially.

The reason I say it is because the engine runs great already, loads less buggy than arma, more pretty graphics and with full modding support in the unreal engine I expect some great things could be done. 

I dont one understand you argument. That's like if arma 3 came out and somebody suggested making a dayz style mod and then saying "why would you add take away the military map missions and make a mod about base building and convicts". Isn't that the point of modding? You can do cool stuff and create new experiences...

8 minutes ago, Caatalyst said:

The reason I say it is because the engine runs great already, loads less buggy than arma, more pretty graphics and with full modding support in the unreal engine I expect some great things could be done. 

I dont one understand you argument. That's like if arma 3 came out and somebody suggested making a dayz style mod and then saying "why would you add take away the military map missions and make a mod about base building and convicts". Isn't that the point of modding? You can do cool stuff and create new experiences...

UE4 has its own slew of problems though. But i'm pretty sure it was already said that there isn't going to be a port or setup to be modded from another game. We're stuck on arma 3

Fair enough! Thought.id just put it out there as exile is the best base building / raiding balance mod I've seen to date and I there are a lot of folks already itching to get on the modding tools to make a survival mod. 

Exile does deserve to be on a better engine. It's pretty much the best survival game made to date. I know Arma was pioneering, but we all know it sucks, and would be dead if it wasn't for all the awesome mods.

If Exile can't go standalone, I definitely vote it gets modded from a game on a better engine. If the game's open to modding then surely Exile could be made on it, even if it was from from the ground up. Not that it wouldn't be a bitch to do, but a revamp on a 'hip and happening' game would probably earn the Exile staff some popularity and serious dollar $$$

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

modding and $ shouldnt be used in the same sentence

if your not your own game you will make no money

Sounds like a +1 for a stonealone ^_^

18 hours ago, Caatalyst said:

PUBG might seem more buggy and would run less smoothly if servers were meant to be up for hours at a time and people built large, persistent bases all around the map. Consider for a moment that the things you love about Exile would cause a strain on almost any game engine.

Advertisement