7 posts in this topic

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

seems like it would be pretty bad with a server full of people

well it would be stupid to think you could run around creating fires and not have it effect performance eventually but the same can be said about anything!

Too many AI, too many missions, too many objects too many zombies, all of this and more will drop performance but the trick is moderation!!

Zombies spawned at a heli crash for example would look great on fire!

Edited by LordRampantHump

15 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

well i mean that when a zombie spawns it im guessing spawns on fire, not even the fps or anything but anybody within render distance will see the zombie spawn in with the smoke plume, thats super immersion breaking and ehhhh

not if they are spawned on a crash site

create 2 - 3 pilot gear  zombies on a crash site, 1 or 2  in flames and you have quite the opposite, you got banging atmosphere!

you talk about immersion breaking in a game where zombies run through walls lol

Edited by LordRampantHump
  • Like 2

we have just been playing on the server for the last 2 hours seeing how they work out, right now they are a random 1 in five chance on a normal spawn,  but I actually thought the same thing, suddenly there is a bright glow and there is a flamer running at you. I do agree with you @Crazy Mike that they need a reason to be there and the best idea I have is from heli crashes which i do use on my server.

I also have a rubbish pile using simple  objects and my bodies script that is on fire, that will be a stactic spawn point.

But I tell you, its fecking amazing when one runs at you in a ball of flames!!

Kuplion recently released a heli crash script that uses his ExileZ mod to spawn zed around it when someone approaches. This would be an awesome use of that script as the loot is high end so having crazy fire zed running around would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Advertisement